PDA

View Full Version : Bulk edit tournaments: possible?

GoldnEagl
08-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I have a TON of tournaments showing some incorrect data in one area or another (speed, size, etc.). I'd like to edit them in bulk, but selecting all of them via Data View takes forever. Is this the only way or is there a quicker route via pgAdmin or something?

If so, a quick step-by-step would be appreciated..I'm not all that familiar with PostgreSQL. Thanks.

a.k.a.Also
08-28-2010, 01:05 PM
If you can group them together for editing in the data view you can use Shift left click to grab the lot in one go.

GoldnEagl
08-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah but that's the part that takes so long when you're trying to edit thousands of tournaments. I'm looking for an alternative method to selecting all of them (whether at once or individually) in Data View.

The Minder
08-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Which poker site do you play at?

Some sites, like Pokerstars don't save a full summary with the hand history file and thus you may occasionally be left with 'incomplete' data. However, you can request tourney summaries from PS, manually import the data and that will fix a lot of your probs.

Pls confirm what sites you play on and we can take it from there.

GoldnEagl
08-28-2010, 10:49 PM
I play both Stars and FTP and the tournaments in question are all either turbos (on Stars) or super turbos (on FTP). Some of the games are from a long time ago though, so importing summaries is out of the question.

But based on your response I take it the only way to edit data in bulk for these games is as mentioned in my previous posts, in the absence of summaries of course?

The Minder
08-28-2010, 11:37 PM
I have not found a 'bulk edit' function, unfortunately.