PDA

View Full Version : Restoring to new comp

trizip
08-27-2010, 02:38 AM
I recently had to get a new comp and backed up my old database but when i tried to restore none of my information is there. The database's name is what i saved it when i restored but everything is blank. I am on a 64bit system now and not 32 could that be a problem? I may of had a different user name and password for my old postgres do i need to have that set on my new comp to be the same? Any help would be great! thx

***EDIT*** I just realized the configs and auto import folders transferred over but I dont see any hands

netsrak
08-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Did you follow this steps?
You created a database backup via pgadminIII on the old computer, then you installed postgresql on the new computer. After this you created a new empty database via pgadminIII and restored the backup on the new computer?

Did you connect your Holdemmanager to this new database?

trizip
08-27-2010, 06:09 AM
I did the backup on my old comp by clicking file > backup. I watched Brent's video 'BackupRestore' on how to do it and followed those steps. I bought a new comp and installed a fresh copy of HM and then did the restore by file > restore. I did not do anything with pgadminIII. I was under the impression I just had to follow the video. My HM database renamed itself to the title I gave it when it supposedly restored but didnt restore the hands. So as played what is my next move?

trizip
08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
I just added my whole old database by doing the 'import from file' option and it imported every hand but said they were all duplicate files... but when i look through the names when im setting up my alias all the names show up but the hands say 0. I'm really confused it imported all the players names ive played vs but not my hands. What does this mean?

netsrak
08-28-2010, 05:40 AM
The backup/restore you made is ok - i just wanted to make sure how you did it.
I think the best is if we take a look at your system.

Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.