PDA

View Full Version : FTP hand history problem

madman215
08-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey,

I'm having some issues getting FT to work with HM. Here's where I'm currently at:

- FT won't open at all, an error message box pops up with no text, only an exclamation mark.

- After a few e-mails with FT it turns out that this is due to where the hand histories is being saved to. If it is left to the default folder (c:\progfiles\ftp....) then FT won't run once I load HM, and it needs to be changed to the AppData folder within users (which is a hidden folder).

- Unfortunately for me I'm running Windows Vista, and whenever I have tried showing 'hidden files/folders' in the past my computer has gone haywire and I end up losing all my personal settings and documents and ultilmately end up formatting the computer back to it's factory settings (which I recently did, and why I can't get onto Full Tilt now - has a recent FT update caused this problem to occur?).

If I remove FT and reinstall it I can get into the software, but as soon as I load HM, FT will never open again, regardless of whether HM is open or not, and whether I reboot my computer.

I've tried removing and reinstalling FT to change the directory of the hand histories but it won't let me enter is as c:\users\tim\appdata.... etc etc, as it is still hidden.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can get round this problem? :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Patvs
08-26-2010, 09:52 PM
-1 update Vista to Service Pack 2
-2 update HM to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

-3 Just install Full Tilt to default: C:/Program Files/Full Tilt Poker/
make sure the folder C:/Program Files/Full Tilt Poker/Handhistory also exists

-4 Use to auto detect in HM to setup the import folder.
Double check it's using
C:/Program Files/Full Tilt Poker/Handhistory (+subfolders) with the C:/HMArchive folder.

and is NOT set to C:/Program Files/Full Tilt Poker (+subfolders)

-5 in Full Tilt--> Options--> Handhistory options--> make sure it: A saves the handhistories, B in English, C to the C:/Program Files/Full Tilt Poker/Handhistory folder and D the Full Tilt lobby is in English

madman215
08-28-2010, 06:54 PM
That did the trick, thank you.