PDA

View Full Version : question about suggested settings

Shortround90
08-25-2010, 02:55 AM
what is this feature actually called in the windows 7 performance options in 'my computer' the "Glassy" aero effect.

furthermore, actually what features can i turn off to reduce system lag and which are required or suggested to use? any suggestions?

Stacking Cascading and Overlapping Instructions

If you stack, cascade or overlap, we STRONGLY recommend that you use Windows Vista® or Windows 7® with an Aero theme (usually the default theme). The "Glassy" Aero effects allow TableNinjaFT to read background
tables.

2. Also sometimes i try to drag another window(say aol IM msg window) across out of my table area while playing, and TN will move the window back to its original location and stop my drag. What causes this?

3. sometimes my betsize is off. IE: it will minbet instead of betting the default 75% potsize on the flop. I notice that it is actually not inputting a new value into the betsize box. Is this just computer lag? Is there a way to get it to input the correct value after i notice it failed the first time? I tried selecting a new table then going back to give it a 2nd chance, doesnt seem to work.

Fool
08-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Are you cascading tables in XP? This can cause a variety of problems including the bet sizing problem you mentioned. For Vista or Win 7 the "glassy" effects are part of Aero based desktop themes. You can adjust the default Aero visual themes for better performance. Go to the start menu and search "performance information and tools". Click the "adjust visual effects" link and choose custom in the new window that pops up. Disable every checkbox except for the following:

Enable desktop composition
Enable transparent glass
Smooth edges of screen fonts
Show thumbnails instead of icons
Use visual styles on windows and buttons

Leaving these on will keep the look of Aero basically the same. For best performance disable all except "Enable desktop composition". For the jumping issue try disabling "auto click the time-bank".

Shortround90
08-25-2010, 11:46 PM
im 8 tabling rush with a tiled and overlapped layout on windows 7. could that cause betsizing problems? ie: sometimes it neglects to change the betsize, or some error occurs and the betsize doesnt change.

Fool
08-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Please post or .zip and attach a copy of the following files and I'll check them over for errors:

1) Your TNFTLog and TNFTConfigAutoLoad files. Go to Start > Computer > C:\Program Files (x86)\table ninjaft(remove the '(x86)' if on a 32 bit operating system).

2) A screen shot of the table with your HUD displayed. See instructions at Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm).

Shortround90
08-26-2010, 11:46 PM
here u go,

i play on dual monitor. my tables take up all my window space on my left monitor, and my right monitor usually has like aim/msn/HEM/fttn etc

Fool
08-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately the log was too short and didn't report any errors. Are you suffereing from general sstem lag while multi-tabling? Have you disabled UAC? Are you using Microsoft Security Essentials? You might also try disabling frames.

Shortround90
08-27-2010, 02:30 PM
hrmm, yeah it lags sometime. UAC is off. and what "frames" are u talking about? How can I tell if im using Microsoft security essentials? is it a default windows 7 program?

Fool
08-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Frames can be found in TableNinja>Table Control. Microsoft security essentials isn't installed by default with Windows but does come preloaded on some machines. If its running you will find it in your system tray.