PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of database

HMhughezy
08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
I have recently purrchased a new tower system and laptop. I currently have used HM on one machine and therefore have used the product code supplied at purchase to activate HM.

1. Can I use the same product code to activate HM on the 2 new machines?

2. What is the procedure for transfering my database of hands and tourneys to these machines?

Many thnx:)

Patvs
08-24-2010, 07:03 PM
1: Yes...
though you if you get a "no more activations" error, you must first reset your license.
we have launched a new online form for resetting your own serial codes.

This can be use to clear a code so that it can be used on a different pc or clear a code if your hardware profile changes and it doesn't allow you to continue.

Please go to Registration Home Page (http://www.holdemmanager.net/registration) and signup with a new login name and password and then you can quickly add your serial code and reset it whenever you need to.

2: Which SQL version did you use on your old system.
If 8.4: in HoldemManager--> File--> backup & restore-> create a backup
use the same utility on the new computer to restore the .backup file

HMhughezy
08-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I have downloaded and activated HM on one machine no probs.....

I then exported all hands to a removable harddrive and them used "import files from folder" on the new machine...After 3 hours+ the download finished and I discovered that the vast majority of tourneys are not recorded correctly in lots of ways eg field size, winnings, placing..I was pretty miffed.

If I do what u said reloading the removable hard drive using the back up and restore Will it re write the incorrect data it has already installed or is there a way to delete all hands I have imported and start again..If so..how?

Yes SQL was 8.4 on the old machine..I am not sure I understand how to input the old machine data onto the new machine using Back up and restore..Plz help!

HMhughezy
08-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Scrub the above.... .I think I figured it out. Many, many thnx.