PDA

View Full Version : "Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'."

Jeans
08-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Suddenly getting this error and it pops up the postgresSQL thing, HEM been working fine for months, tried with both 1.11.05 beta and 1.11.04 version and getting the same error with both. Sry if it's something obvious not so good with these things..

El_Weaky
08-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Yep, just got the same thing after installing the 1.11.05 beta, I reinstalled the .04 afterwards but no luck then, i simply cannot open HM again

What do we need to do? Reinstall Postgre or wait of an update that's gonna fix this?

It's kinda of frustrating

Thanks for answering

netsrak
08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
This message has nothing to do with the HM version. It just means that the postgresql service is not running.

Solutions:

1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check our FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

El_Weaky
08-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks netstrak, i spent a little more time in the FAQ and found a way to make it work, sorry for bothering you with nooby questions

Alcibadies
08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
This message has nothing to do with the HM version. It just means that the postgresql service is not running.

Solutions:

1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check our FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

I encounter this problem after running a registry cleaner. I tried to delete the postmaster.pid file, but it is not there. I am able to connect to database when I restore the registry. It seems my cleaner is deleting something required to connect to DB. Can you tell me how to reestablist the connection without restoring the registry? thx

netsrak
08-25-2010, 05:00 AM
I don't know what this registry cleaner does with your system.
You should ask their support about problems with postgresql.