PDA

View Full Version : Computer freezes when opening HEM

thibaudve
08-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi,

I've just purchased HEM and I tried to open it but my computer freezes when doing so. I tried to open HEM when my firewall wasn't activated but it didn't change anything. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall HEM but nothing worked.

Any ideas?

netsrak
08-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Which operating system? Is it uptodate - all service packs installed, all windows updates? Microsoft .net framework 3.5 service pack 1 installed?

Which firewall solution?
Virusscanner?
Any other security or tuning software like spybot, adaware?

Did you install the full installer?
Is the postgresql service running?
Can you connect to the postgresql service via pgadminIII?

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29)

thibaudve
08-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi,

My operating system is windows XP. I think it is uptodate, the service pack you mentioned is installed.

My firewall is zonealarm free edition, my antivirus avira antivir and I also use Spybot. I uninstalled all of them to make HEM work and I got the following message: "An error ocurred on startup: un composant externe a levé une exception" The last bit if in French and means: An external component created an exception.

I installed the full installer. The postgresql service is installed, but I can't see if it works because nothing starts.

netsrak
08-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Postgresql is a windows service (under control panel->administration). Is this service running?
Is pgadminIII installed and can you connect to the database server?

Please reboot your computer, clear your browser cache or use a different browser and download and install Holdemmanager again.

Matias
08-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I have the same problem with my HEM. It happened now recently after the latest update. When I start the program it pops up the little box which says "Validating", then "Initializing database - Professional Holdem + Omaha version".

Then the "box" freezes and nothing happens. I don't have an internet connection at that computer atm, so I guess I have to see if there is anything that needs to be updated first..

When I get my internet back (on the computer with HEM) I will try updating and reinstalling things, but it would be nice if you find the problem/solution before that :)

thibaudve
08-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi,

Postgresql is running and I can connect it with pgadmin. I tried to reboot my computer and install HEM with another browser but it keeps freezing.

netsrak
08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

thibaudve
08-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Hi,

I tried to format my computer to solve the problem and it worked! Thanks for the help, anyway!

netsrak
08-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Yep, thats always a good solution :)