PDA

View Full Version : The following error occurred while running this report: Data Exception

mcmelchior
08-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Lately I've been seeing this message a lot while trying to access the "Sessions" report:

"The following error occurred while running this report: Data Exception"

Yesterday I created a new database and imported all my HHs into it. As I later tried to access my old DB to review some saved hands, I got an error message about not being able to access list of players, and all my data was gone from the old DB.

Running the new DB I now get the same Data Exception error message.

I'm on a Vista system, no UAC, and I'm running version 1.11.04 of HEM.

EDIT: I'm now also seeing the following error message upon start up:

"An error occurred while retrieving the imported file list: Backend sent unrecognized response type: " (only blank space following the colon).

And, I just realized I'm using PostGreSQL 8.2 .... is that a problem?

Patvs
08-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Install SQL 8.4.4 to port 5433 and connect to that.

read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

mcmelchior
08-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Thank you.

I did as suggested and rebuilt my DB from the HHs.

After clicking "refresh" on the "sessions" tab I'm now seeing following error message:

"An error occurred when running this report: Backend sent unrecognized response type: " (with blank space following the colon).

netsrak
08-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Did you change your database connection to the new postgresql 8.4 installation on port 5433?

Sounds like you are still using 8.2

mcmelchior
08-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Did you change your database connection to the new postgresql 8.4 installation on port 5433?Yes I did.

Sounds like you are still using 8.2I uninstalled 8.2 through control panel, and installed 8.4.4 from the website as directed. And connected on 5433.

Patvs
08-23-2010, 01:55 PM
read
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

and manually edit the postgresql.conf file and reboot

mcmelchior
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
read

Please be more specific.

I'm operating a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop w/Intel Core2 Duo processor and 2GB (max possible) RAM, and HD is not upgradeable.

I'm using the most current versions of PostGreSQL and HEM, and I have already removed WinnerName, WinnerCards and WinnerWon from the Hand View Column Sector.

I have defrag'ed my HD with defraggler, and I do vacuum my puny 30k hands DB (which btw I've just recreated for the 2nd time) after each session. I have Vista SP2, and I have up-to-date system drivers from Dell. I have already changed processes priority as directed.

manually edit the postgresql.conf file and reboot
My search (which takes forever since indexing is off) does not locate neither a "SQL 8.x" folder nor a "postgresql.conf" file - where should I look for them?

EDIT: N/m, I found them. The correct folder designation was C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4