PDA

View Full Version : Performed Overwrite DB and have an error

theorize
08-20-2010, 10:51 AM
I wanted to replicate my existing HM configuration/ HH database on a second computer. I backed up existing HM setup and copied the back up file to second cpu. On second cpu I opened HM and did restore>overwrite database and unticked the backup tables before overwriting.

This seemed to work and my HM configuration/ database now looks identical to my first computer. However I now have a couple issues on this second machine. Every time I fire up HM it prompts me to do a database update so that I will have the option to delete hands and so forth. I try and do the database update but get the following error:

An error occurred: ERROR: 42P07: relation "playerhandstourneykeycolumns_idx2" already exists. Please do not attempt to delete any hands until this is resolved. Contact support@holdemmanager.com for more information.

I may have made a mistake because I just noticed that cpu 1 had 1.11.05 beta 1 and cpu 2 had 1.11.04. Could that have caused any trouble? I since updated cpu 2 to 1.11.05 beta 1.

I no longer play tournaments and am not concerned with having tourney HH in any of my databases if that matters but basically I'm looking for a solution so that I don't get these constant prompts and errors.

Windows XP
HM 1.11.05 beta 1

netsrak
08-20-2010, 12:24 PM
The HM version mismatch should not be a problem.

Can you please try to restore your backup with "create a new database"?
Change to this database in the HM database management and try again.

theorize
08-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Do I need to remove existing HM install before I do "create a new database"?

Also, I don't understand the second part of your statement. Are you saying that I need to give the database a new name? Last time I didn't change the database name/ didn't realize that was necessary.

netsrak
08-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Don't touch your Holdemmanager installation.

Please try to restore your backup again using the "create new database" option in the restore tab. Its just a try to see if it makes a difference.