PDA

View Full Version : HEM is causing FTP to crash

Cryptoghost
08-20-2010, 06:07 AM
When I hit "Start Auto Import" and the Table Manager Opens, FTP immediately crashes.

When I then reopen FTP, hand histories import but no stats show up on the table.

I have tried reinstalling FTP and have now updated HEM so that I am running 1.11.05 Beta 1. The problem is the same.

HEM works fine on Party.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Gordon

Patvs
08-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions for those files to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent

Do the same for the main FullTilt.exe file

Cryptoghost
08-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I am using Vista and Norton Internet Security.

The "Run this program as an administrator" option is greyed out and the box cannot be ticked. My stupidity I'm afraid. How do I change this?

netsrak
08-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Turn ON UAC, reboot your computer and the settings should be active now. Change them and try again.

If you want to disable UAC again you can do it now.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/29/Turning+Off+UAC+%28Vista%29

Cryptoghost
08-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks. Have now taken these various steps but the problem has not changed.

Patvs
08-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, are you using?

Can you run the update again: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

Cryptoghost
08-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Vista Home Premium and Norton Internet Security.

Have run update again.

fozzy71
08-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Vista Home Premium and Norton Internet Security.

Have run update again.

I have had nothing but trouble with this software conflicting with the PostgreSQL connection, so I would remove it to be sure it isnt the cause.

Uninstall NIS with this norton removal tool - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

Restart your computer.

Install a free anti-virus such as Microsoft Security Essentials, Avira Free, or AVG Free anti-virus. Use Windows Firewall or Comodo Free if you want a bit more control (and alot more annoying firewall popups).

Cryptoghost
08-26-2010, 03:57 AM
File attached (I think).

Have removed NIS but the problem remains. As soon as I start importing FTP closes and I get a message saying "Full Tilt Poker has encountered a problem and has shut down..."

netsrak
08-26-2010, 05:08 AM
The configuration looks fine for me.
Please check the FTP handhistory subfolder and delete all files you find in this folder and any subfolders or move them to a different folder (like your archive folder). There may be a corrupted file causing the problem.

Cryptoghost
08-26-2010, 05:16 AM
History deleted. Still no joy.

For what it's worth, everything was fine a few weeks ago before I went on holiday. I came back, updated both programs and the problem began.

netsrak
08-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Please try a complete uninstallation of Holdemmanager using Revo uninstaller: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

Download and install the full installer and try again.

Cryptoghost
08-26-2010, 10:31 AM
I have now done that. The problem continues I'm afraid.

Patvs
08-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Is your Vista updated to Service Pack 2?
Can you manually run Windows Update to see if there are any .net framework updates you can install.

Cryptoghost
08-27-2010, 04:09 AM
All available updates have been installed.

netsrak
08-27-2010, 05:41 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Cryptoghost
10-13-2010, 01:42 PM
The remote session has stopped FTP from crashing but now HUD is not working on Rush tables. It is fine on normal ring games.

I am using 1.11.05 Beta 18.

jwslug
10-13-2010, 04:03 PM
+1 to all of this except that my HUD still causes FTP and table manager to freeze (if I kill table manager FTP unfreezes). This started when I tried to roll back 1.11.05 to 1.11.04 because I couldn't get a Rush HUD in 1.11.05.

rhalala
10-13-2010, 08:30 PM
+1 to all of this except that my HUD still causes FTP and table manager to freeze (if I kill table manager FTP unfreezes). This started when I tried to roll back 1.11.05 to 1.11.04 because I couldn't get a Rush HUD in 1.11.05.

+1 exactly the same probleme , whitch start me playing rush+normal tables,
Now i cant plya rush..

How can i back to 1.11.04?

morny
10-13-2010, 10:27 PM
The remote session has stopped FTP from crashing but now HUD is not working on Rush tables. It is fine on normal ring games.

I am using 1.11.05 Beta 18.

Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe and if the problem persists email support@holdemmanager.com and well get you to try out a debug version to find the issue

Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn)

+1 exactly the same probleme , whitch start me playing rush+normal tables,
Now i cant plya rush..

How can i back to 1.11.04?

Assuming youve the same problem follow those instructions too

jwslug
10-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe and if the problem persists email support@holdemmanager.com and well get you to try out a debug version to find the issue

Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn)

Assuming youve the same problem follow those instructions too

Tried the opacity same result (prefetch options were already off). It is a work computer so I can't do much on configuration but speed is not the issue freezing is and everything worked fine before I upgraded 1.11.05 and then downgraded when Rush didn't work.

The only thing that is using any bandwidth to speak of in Task Manager is HMHud.exe which is using a consistent and constant 25% of the CPU and 253,604K memory.

netsrak
10-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Please try disabling live-tracking and prefetch for FTP.

Site options->ftp->ocr is disabled?

please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

rhalala
10-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Site options->ftp->ocr is disabled?

I have it OFF , my hud freeze after one hour or less , and i cant relaunch it,
Does i need to put this on?

I really need 1.11.06 haha really tilting :D

Thanks

netsrak
10-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Can you please run a test with a new empty database?

rhalala
10-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Can you please run a test with a new empty database?

Same problem!

And when it bug, i restart HEM , with manually kill the process too , and i have the same probleme after restart,

Need help here ! hehe

Thanks

Iplay both rush and normals tables!

netsrak
10-20-2010, 03:44 AM
Please enable logging in the table preferences and send us the log file with link to this thread and explanation to support@holdemmanager.com

fi$hN$hip$
10-20-2010, 12:37 PM
same problem. the HUD hangs up, turns all tables white, diconects/freezes FTP. Only way to get tables back is restart FTP, and manually close hud, as it stays locked after HEM is closed.

not fun when 16 tabling :(

rhalala
10-20-2010, 12:59 PM
same problem. the HUD hangs up, turns all tables white, diconects/freezes FTP. Only way to get tables back is restart FTP, and manually close hud, as it stays locked after HEM is closed.

not fun when 16 tabling :(

I have exactly this problem, i had live traking hand enable , i will try play session with this oFF

And then active logging

rhalala
10-21-2010, 08:03 PM
i had live traking hand enable , i will try play session with this oFF

I guess that was the problem , i have plya a lot today and 0 problems!