PDA

View Full Version : Lost hands ?

PokerKing
08-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi, I just bought HEM few days ago and I think that it don't save all the hands.

Cause the graph show that I am at -36$ since I bought it but i'm at -60$.

And I remember a hand that I lost a big pot but I can't find it.

So I think that it don't save all the hands.

-I only play cash games
-I only play on pokerstars
-I have the activate the hand history (unhide the file)

it is possible that it don't save the hand if I left the table before the hand is totally complete. Cause I thought HEM was taking the hands from the hand history

please help, thank you

Patvs
08-20-2010, 05:08 AM
update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

yes, if you leave the table before the hand is over, it's possible the hand was NOT written to the handhistory file--> so HoldemManager couldn't import it.

Use the PokerStars options--> request--> to request your last hands and reimport them. (or email PokerStars and request ALL your hands)

PokerKing
08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

yes, if you leave the table before the hand is over, it's possible the hand was NOT written to the handhistory file--> so HoldemManager couldn't import it.

Use the PokerStars options--> request--> to request your last hands and reimport them. (or email PokerStars and request ALL your hands)

Thank you, so I guess I always need to wait until the hand it's over before quiting the table?

tantram
08-20-2010, 04:50 PM
was something fixed in the new beta you linked to ?

I have the same issue on full tilt. But it is a hand that was in the middle of my session, so nothing to do with leaving the table early.

it's somewhat concerning, I remember the hand cause it was a big pot, but perhaps others are missing as well...

PokerKing
08-20-2010, 05:46 PM
was something fixed in the new beta you linked to ?

I have the same issue on full tilt. But it is a hand that was in the middle of my session, so nothing to do with leaving the table early.

it's somewhat concerning, I remember the hand cause it was a big pot, but perhaps others are missing as well...

same here, I think also that it's not because I leave the table

netsrak
08-21-2010, 05:26 AM
If you leave a table before a hand is completed the handhistory is not written which means HM can't import it.

PokerKing
08-21-2010, 06:56 AM
If you leave a table before a hand is completed the handhistory is not written which means HM can't import it.

ok, thank you

tantram
08-22-2010, 11:09 AM

I understood that. But my problem is I have a missing hand from the middle of my session. Not linked to leaving a table on FT.

And I'm concerned if there is one missing there could be more

Patvs
08-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Request all the hands from the session in Full Tilt--> cashier--> My Promotions--> HandHistory and reimport them

tantram
08-22-2010, 12:33 PM
This hand does not import, not during live importing or afterwards.

******************** # 37 *************************

FullTiltPoker Game #23182926277: Table Ned (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:18:28 ET - 2010/08/18

Seat 1: sanuk66 ($21.55)
Seat 2: BadNewsEveryone ($50.50)
Seat 3: bewblekid ($49.25)
Seat 4: McFly72 ($48.50)
Seat 5: marco350z ($22.10)
Seat 6: mr_npiv ($51)
sanuk66 posts the small blind of $0.25
BadNewsEveryone posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mr_npiv [2h As]
McFly72 folds
marco350z folds
mr_npiv raises to $1.50
sanuk66 calls $1.25
BadNewsEveryone folds
*** FLOP *** [8s Qd 4c]
sanuk66 bets $2
mr_npiv calls $2
*** TURN *** [8s Qd 4c] [5d]
sanuk66 bets $3
mr_npiv has 15 seconds left to act
mr_npiv raises to $6
sanuk66 has 15 seconds left to act
sanuk66 calls $3
*** RIVER *** [8s Qd 4c 5d] [3s]
sanuk66 checks
mr_npiv bets $14
sanuk66 has 15 seconds left to act
sanuk66 folds
Uncalled bet of $14 returned to mr_npiv
mr_npiv mucks
mr_npiv wins the pot ($18.55)
*** SUMMARY ***
Duration 109s
Total pot $19.50 | Rake $0.95
Board: [8s Qd 4c 5d 3s]
Seat 1: sanuk66 (small blind) folded on the River
Seat 2: BadNewsEveryone (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: bewblekid is sitting out
Seat 4: McFly72 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: marco350z didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: mr_npiv (button) collected ($18.55)

If a dev could respond to this I would really appreciate it.

tantram
08-22-2010, 12:37 PM
******************** # 343 ************************

FullTiltPoker Game #23233714941: Table Mary Dee (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:27:55 ET - 2010/08/20

Seat 1: metrax ($70.20)
Seat 2: shmarovoz777 ($19.75)
Seat 3: 33 p nuts ($50)
Seat 4: Bazooka_Joe1 ($50)
Seat 5: onizukaGT ($53.15)
Seat 6: mr_npiv ($50)
mr_npiv posts the small blind of $0.25
metrax posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mr_npiv [Jd 9d]
shmarovoz777 folds
Bazooka_Joe1 folds
onizukaGT raises to $1.50
mr_npiv raises to $4.50
metrax folds
onizukaGT calls $3
*** FLOP *** [Kd 3s 6h]
mr_npiv bets $6
onizukaGT has 15 seconds left to act
onizukaGT calls $6
*** TURN *** [Kd 3s 6h] [Qh]
mr_npiv has requested TIME
mr_npiv bets $15
onizukaGT calls $15
*** RIVER *** [Kd 3s 6h Qh] [As]
mr_npiv bets $24.50, and is all in
onizukaGT calls $24.50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mr_npiv shows [Jd 9d] Ace King high
onizukaGT shows [Ks Ac] two pair, Aces and Kings
onizukaGT wins the pot ($97.50) with two pair, Aces and Kings
*** SUMMARY ***
Duration 103s
Total pot $100.50 | Rake $3
Board: [Kd 3s 6h Qh As]
Seat 1: metrax (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: shmarovoz777 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: 33 p nuts is sitting out
Seat 4: Bazooka_Joe1 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: onizukaGT (button) showed [Ks Ac] and won ($97.50) with two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 6: mr_npiv (small blind) showed [Jd 9d] and lost with Ace King high

This doesn't import either.

In both cases I am mr_npiv, and the hands do not show up for me.

I am using 1.11.04 and have been using HEM for more than a year. I can assure you this also has nothing to with getting up too early, which is a bit of an easy dismissal.

It's a big deal, and should be treated as such.

Patvs
08-22-2010, 05:08 PM
The hand imports just fine.
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

Try creating a NEW database.. then reimport all the hands.

PokerZombi
08-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi,
I've encountered the same problem for a little while. I'm running 1.11.04 and trying to diagnose a problem with the importing. I'm a fairly new convert from PT to HEM.

Tantram, wondering how you figured out it was missing those specific hands?

I think I had created a NEW database over week and a bit ago because I thought my DB was corrupted. But still have the same problem as you.

I play on Fulltilt every day and I end up missing just a few hands out of the couple thousand I play.

It seems very subtle, just a few isolated hands, but I end up having to request the history everyday. I've been thinking whether there's a better way to figure out where the discrepancies are and identifying them because it usually takes me a lot of time. This has happened to me so often when I was a user of PT as well, which is why I gave HEM a try.

Anyways my process is usually I write my starting cashier amount and ending cashier amount for each session (out of habit because it's happened to me in the past with PT2,PT3 often). I double check the difference with Holdem manager at the end of the session, and make sure to account for RB etc.

When there is a difference, sometimes big, I typically try to reimport the HMArchive files that are put in the archive, and that usually gets a couple of hands. Sometimes it seems to make a difference whether the files are in the Fulltilt HH folder or the HMArchive folder (I'm guessing HEM doesn't import same filenames/size it has already imported).

Anyways, if my P&L doesn't align then I request fulltilt for the handhistory. The problem I find lately, is I end up sending a request on most days this week and so it's inconvenient.

Right now I can't figure out which kinds of hands are causing the problem, as I don't see it giving me import errors.

I'm thinking next time I run into this problem I should compare the files Fulltilt sends me, and the ones saved to see if there is some subtle difference?

Also if there is a better way to detect corrupt DB's that would help.

Just as a general comment, in all my years using poker database software, my one biggest complaint (both PT3 and HEM so far) is how often there are missing hands / import errors. Then it's a time consuming ordeal to detect where the missing hands occurred to diagnose the problem (which can be pretty subtle) and report it. E.g. whenever Fulltilt, updates their file format.

In PT, I'd be able to manually look by table, hand number, seat number, everyone's stack sizes and try to infer the missing hands that way, then report it to support. It's still a major hassle, but I could do that and report it.

If there is one major feature request I guess, I think it'd be something to locate those hand problems. Detect exactly where the missing / problem hands are etc, whenever something like that occurs, because it tends to happen frequently and I spend a lot of time on it. My other request would be to manually edit/input hands if they did not import correctly/completely.

Any comments / feedback appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,
Ed

netsrak
08-23-2010, 05:00 AM
The most common reason for missing hands are connection problems. If you are disconnected during a hand (only for a second) the ftp client doesn't write the handhistory and neither HM or PT3 can import it.

PokerZombi
08-23-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm wondering, if other people disconnect in the hand, does that cause problems too?

I actually don't see myself disconnect often at all, but that gave me the idea I can check the requested hand histories to confirm that's the case..

mrpinkmcpink
08-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm playing on the ongame network and there seem to be quite a lot of hands missing from the middle of my sessions.

Help much appreciated here. Thanks

PokerKing
08-23-2010, 12:06 PM
It seem like a lot have this problem. You guys of HEM should definitly take a look at that ;)

PokerZombi
08-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I've got the requested hand history. I imported that again but it didn't get my P&L to align with change in my cashier.

I exported the HEM hands for the sessions to text. Any good way to do file compare to see if there are missing hands?

tantram
08-24-2010, 01:39 AM
The hand imports just fine.
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

Try creating a NEW database.. then reimport all the hands.

Yeah It works fine in a new database.

I have close to 2 million hands, making a new database for a problem that may happen again is kind of lame though.

Any chance you could at leas tell me which table(s) hold info about the previously imported hands. When I delete my last 500 hands through the HEM interface, and try to reimport HEM doesnt bite.

Maybe I could delete the entries in postgres

PokerZombi
08-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Running 1.11.05 beta. Still have a problem.

Here's a test I ran:

I imported from said hand history file (sent by FT) into new database, that worked. BUT If I deleted those hands and tried to import again (I renamed the file), then it imported only one session (and a bit)..

The session did span to the next day (but I adjusted the time zone settings to get those hours). I also checked the filter for the next day to make sure those hands are really missing... And I also note when importing it shows 'duplicate hands'.

I'm assuming now there's something more to deleting hands and importing again. I take it means I can't just delete those hands from my production DB and reimport that file? The initial import has some effect...?

How do I know if my DB is really corrupted again or like this test case? Any work around?

netsrak
08-24-2010, 11:00 AM
How did you delete the hands? In my understanding deleting them via right mouse key should make a reimport possible.

PokerZombi
08-25-2010, 01:05 PM
hey netsrak, I did the right click delete.

I'm going to email support my file, see if you or Patrick can replicate.

PokerZombi
09-17-2010, 12:29 PM
As per Request ID :##164302##

If I import into a new database it's ok in showing the correct winnings, BUT if I try to delete (by right click) the hands and reimport, it imports half the original. During reimporting, the import-window shows duplicate count, so evidently the hands aren't properly deleting.

By the way I believe another user on this thread reported this bug too, and in addition to getting corrupt DBs. This one I think you can replicate.

netsrak
09-18-2010, 08:38 AM
I tried the delete / reimport with some pacific and ftp hands using the latest Beta 1.11.05 Beta 14 and it worked nearly as expected. The only thing i noticed that the ftp hands which originally where rush hands are imported as "normal" nl hands the 2nd time. I'll generate a bug report for this.