PDA

View Full Version : Need teamview session to fix my hem!!!

GameOver
08-19-2010, 02:28 PM
my hem wouldnt start today, wen i double click on it, it brings me to the Database Control Panel, i click connect, and get a pop-up saying, A connection to PostgresSQL could not be made, would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?

I click YES, and get... sorry hem was unable to start the service, i click OK, then it says, hem has started the service, pls try again, i click OK and nothing happens.

i tried uninstalling HEM and re-installing it, but that didnt work

then i uninstalled postressql, and tried re-installing it, got to the section where it asked for a password, i didnt know what to put in so i tried posgrespass and some other PWs, none worked

so now everythings all f**ked up and i need some1 who knows what theyre doin to do a teamviewer with me to fix all this mess!

GameOver
08-19-2010, 04:44 PM
some1 help me dammit!!! :D

Patvs
08-20-2010, 05:29 AM
Password is postgrespass

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

--

try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely
download SQL 8.4.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) (or try 8.3.11 and install it on a different port)

GameOver
08-20-2010, 05:57 AM
I installed PostgresSQL successfully but... im still having this problem

my hem wouldnt start today, wen i double click on it, it brings me to the Database Control Panel, i click connect, and get a pop-up saying, A connection to PostgresSQL could not be made, would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?

I click YES, and get... sorry hem was unable to start the service, i click OK, then it says, hem has started the service, pls try again, i click OK and nothing happens.

Patvs
08-20-2010, 06:39 AM
read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27tConnect%7B47%7DFailedToStartPostgreSQL)

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.