PDA

View Full Version : New Computer, reinstalling to the D

allwind
08-19-2010, 09:52 AM
I got a new today computer. Have been a happy user for HEM in years. I got windows 7.

I first installed HEM on the c-drev. This went good. Then I noticed there were a lot more space available on the d-drev. So I decided to delete HEM as a program, and then to download it again, to install on d-drev. Deleting HEM went smooth, but I am unable to reinstall HEM. I get this error:

NSIS Error

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at:
Why do I get NSIS Error - NSIS (http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error)

I should probably also mention that my current connection is not so reliable. What can I do to make HEM run smooth?

Thanks

netsrak
08-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Reboot your computer, clear your browser cache or use a different browser and download and install HM again.

If that doesn't work use a computer with a better internet connection for the download and copy the full installer via USB stick or external disk drive to your computer.

allwind
08-20-2010, 01:56 AM
I want to say I got it working now. Thanks.
First I tried to install it from mozilla firefox instead of IE. The weird thing was it always stopped at the same point. So I believe this is a windows 7 download bug, rather than a HEM bug. Anyways, then I tried to delete them cookies. I almost succeeded with a download. Then back to deleting then cooking and then download with firefox. It went smooth. Is firefox just as safe to use for downloads? It seems like a lot better, because if having a bad connection it means less hassles.

Patvs
08-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome are all saver (and faster) than IE. :)