PDA

View Full Version : Installing postgresql on another drive

qwe123
08-19-2010, 01:48 AM
I downloaded and installed holdem manager and even though I chose to install it on drive D, it installed postgresql on my system drive C, which is only a small SSD drive fo windows. Because I expect my database to grow quickly, IŽd like to install it on a different drive. Is this possible?

Patvs
08-19-2010, 02:55 AM
Just uninstall SQL--> delete the data folder.

Then reinstall SQL 8.4.4. from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
During installation change the install folder

qwe123
08-19-2010, 06:31 AM
ok thank you. When installing the postgres with that new installer it asks for a password for the database superuser (postgres) and service account (postgres). It says: "If the service account already existist in windows, you must enter the current password for the account. If the account does not exist, it will be created when you click next".

I think when uninstalling the previous postgres it said in the end that the data folder (which I deleted manually) and service account were not uninstalled, so if the service account from the previous installation still remains, is there a default password that holdem manager installer created for it that i should enter here?

netsrak
08-19-2010, 10:02 AM
postgrespass

gt30
08-25-2010, 03:22 PM
postgrespass

I am going through this process and have also selected to uninstall postgressql from my primary hard drive and have set up the data folder on a separate hard drive but it is also asking me for the password for the database superuser and for the service account

postgrespass is not working

any suggestions?

N0talent
10-27-2010, 02:49 PM
try "postgres", worked for me :)

loustic
10-27-2010, 05:04 PM
If you can't recover your password, uninstall PostgreSQL, open a DOS box (CMD), and type:

net user postgres /delete

Then, you reinstall PostgreSQL, and when asked for a password, you choose the one you want.