PDA

View Full Version : HEM denied access to RVG - help!

2lostswords
08-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this query, but if anyone can help that would be great.

When I opened HEM today I got a pop up saying:

Error creating Stat Ranges xml file: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramFiles\RVGSoftware\Holdem Manager\Config\StatRangesxml' is denied.

I can then go ahead and open HEM, although it doesn't open correctly. I tried going into Database Management to possibly create a new database and received this message:

An error ocurred on start up: Access to path 'C:\ProgramFiles\RVGSoftware\Holdem Manager\Config\HoldemManager.config' is denied.

Also, for some reason after that I can't actually close HEM, without opening my task manager and ending the task.

I've dowloaded the latest update, have rebooted, and have done full virus scans. I've checked the directory mentioned above, and although I don't really know what I'm looking for, it's there and it it looks fine. Any ideas?

2lostswords
08-19-2010, 02:46 AM
forgot to mention i've also checked all the user account/administrator and firewall stuff and it's all good.

Patvs
08-19-2010, 02:50 AM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

2lostswords
08-19-2010, 03:06 AM
I'm already running as admin and have been since i started using HEM.

Patvs
08-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Can you completely turn off User Account Control and reboot.

2lostswords
08-19-2010, 03:39 AM
running Windows Vista. my windows firewall is off as i rely on my trend micro antivirus firewall, which has an exception for HEM. I'll try turning off the user and rebooting again but not sure it will work.

2lostswords
08-19-2010, 09:12 PM
I received some support via email suggesting i just turn off my UAC completely and that seems to work. I've had it on ever since purchasing HEM and it's always worked fine until yesterday, out of the blue. Very strange but problem solved I guess. Thanks for your help.