PDA

View Full Version : problems with setup

tysm
10-23-2008, 07:41 AM
ive downloaded, and installed the program but cant seem to find it on my computer.
'shortcut to holdemManager.exe', is on my desktop and the only file i can find.
i have vista but when i right click on it, it doesnt offer me the option to run as administrator. i have disabled user access control
i have installed both postgresq 8.2 and 8.3 on my computer already from PT3( which i had running for 1 day, until it stuffed up and i havent bothered fixing) but holdemmanager doesnt seem to be able to connect to it.. tried installing postgresq following holdem managers instructions but couldnt do that either.

morny
10-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Holdem Manager is installed at C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

So what exactly is the problem, what error do you get and when do you get it
?

tysm
10-23-2008, 08:17 AM
ok lol so found where th program is installed.
so when i try to connect to postgresql, it says "A connection to postgresql could not be made. would you like holdem manager attampt to start the srvice?"
i click yes.. it cant find it.
if i install the postgres through holdem manager, and following your intstructions, it works until the final step when its says
"the specified data directory is not empty.
If you have an existing database with the same major version number, you do need to initialize a database cluster.
If you have an existing databas with a differnt major version you need to backup your old database and create a new one."

morny
10-23-2008, 08:22 AM
When you get to that stage please untick "Initialise Database Cluster" and continue the installation and let me know if you get any more problems

tysm
10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
ok sorry for wasting your time, i just found the solution in another thread.. deleted 'data' file. hopefully all good now
thanks for ur help

morny
10-23-2008, 09:30 AM
The problem with doing that is any previous databases you have are now deleted. Doing it my way would have giving you access to those databases but if you dont need the old ones then there should be no problem