PDA

View Full Version : Initilialise Datebase cluster...please help.

djames88
10-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Im stuck donwloading PostgreSQL i get to intiliaslise database cluster....when i type in the password postgrespass as says in the setup but when i type that in and enter it i get a pop up saying "The Specified data directory is not empty. If you have an existing database with the same major version number, you do not need to intilialize a database cluster. If you have an exisiting database with a different major version you need to backup your old database and create a new one" this is my first time downloading this so idon't think i have a database...any help would be appreciatedl

fabio
10-23-2008, 04:33 AM
Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3 and delete the "data" folder

djames88
10-23-2008, 05:00 AM
I did that and it didn't work so i had to go from start back to Service configuration and now im stuck there it says Invalid username specified: logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. i changed postgre to postgresuser per the intstructions ive been working on getting this downloaded for hours i purchased this today....

fabio
10-23-2008, 05:13 AM
If you need help, download Teamviewer from www.teamviewer.com and email me at fabio@holdemmanager.net so I can help you.

djames88
10-23-2008, 05:31 AM
okay cool i sent u and email i downloaded teamviewer.