PDA

View Full Version : Table Manager fails to create empty document

gtaylor38
08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
When I start the auto import, I get a message from Table Manager that states: "Failed to create empty document." The auto import works properly, but no Table Manager window or HUD appears. I have tried uninstalling both HEM and PostgreSQL and then reinstalling, but this does not solve the problem. I'm running Vista, and have tried both without UAC and with UAC running HEM, HMHud, and DBControlPanel as an administrator. Suggestions?

netsrak
08-18-2010, 05:20 AM
This usually is a permission problem?

Are you using any 3rd party firewall?
Which virusscanner?
Any other spyware, adaware or tuning tools running?

gtaylor38
08-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Norton Internet Security is installed, but the subscription is expired. Windows Defender is running. The virus scanner I have used recently is Malwarebytes' Anti-malware. As far as I know, there are no other tools running.

gtaylor38
08-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Actually, Windows Firewall is running. I tried making exceptions for HoldemManager, HMHud, and DBControlPanel, but Table Manager still fails to create empty document.

netsrak
08-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Please uninstall Holdemmanager with Revo Uninstaller: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

and start a fresh installation with the full installer from our homepage.

gtaylor38
08-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I first uninstalled just Holdem Manager with the Revo Uninstaller, deleting the registry items but none of the files or folders associated with Holdem Manager. That didn't fix the problem, so on the next uninstall I used Revo on both HEM and PostgreSQL 8.4, and deleted all the registry items and files and folders associated with both, and still no fix. For some reason, when I start the auto-import, having installed only Holdem Manager and not the Update, I get no "Failed to create empty document" message, but Table Manager doesn't seem to start at all. Also, it seems strange that on all the re-installs I have never had to re-enter my registration code for the Professional Holdem Version. When I launch HEM, the start-up window briefly displays "Unregistered Software" below "Hold'Em Manager", but after a second or two it becomes "Professional Holdem Version". Any other ideas?

netsrak
08-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

shiftyal
10-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm having similar problems when running table manager/hud on stars through windows vista.

Can you tell me if this was resolved and how?

netsrak
10-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Which HM Version are you using?
Please update to our latest Beta: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

shiftyal
10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I have just installed the beta update and am getting the same problem.

In terms of software protection, I'm using windows firewall, avg & malwarebytes.

Shall I use the revo uninstaller as above?

morny
10-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Are you getting the fails to create empty document message too or is it your hud just doesnt work?