PDA

View Full Version : can't start hem

Tuomash
08-17-2010, 04:40 AM
HEM is not starting. This is new computer, windows 7, postgre sql 8.4 (from hem installation package), Windows defender not in use, Norton 360 (latest version).

I got HEM working in the beginning. I used it for one day and imported my hands from my old computer. Now all of the sudden in will not start. I am running all programs as administrator and started the secondary login (or what was it...) service. No hidden *.pid file found. Please help.

Error messages below:

1. Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1
2. A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service? --> YES
3. Sorry, Holdem manager was unable to start the service --> OK
4. Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again. --> ?

So I can not start postgre sql server.

Starting it manually:
- Restart service:

--Defined path not found. Some errorcode NET HELPMSG 3521.

I have tried to search solution for this for a few days. No success.

netsrak
08-17-2010, 05:10 AM
Please check our FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

If you can't figure it out please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Tuomash
08-17-2010, 07:33 AM
I have gone through FAQ's, not helping. I sent email to your support, thank you.

I can not even start PostgreSQL server 8.4 manually from services

--> path not found

Should I define that path somewhere manually?

Also strange is, when I installed your combo package HEM worked fine and I managed to use it correctly. Now after two days I can not start postgres.

netsrak
08-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Can you please stay in one thread with your problem? It is much work to go through all your posts.

Please try uninstalling Norton 360.

If that doesn't help i hope our support can help you via teamviewer

Tuomash
08-23-2010, 02:41 AM
I removed my installation, both HEM and postgres. Then I re-installed HEM combo-package as an administrator (I don't know does it make difference as I'm admin-user anyway).

Since then it has been working. Last time it worked fine first few days but then it all of the sudden stopped working. I hope this time it will stay ok.