PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Chip-EV wrong

HossendeHaai
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Chip-EV in bb/100 in any of the report tabs are way out of line with the EV in the graph of the same catagory. This is a bug which should be fixed ASAP, but meanwhile i'd like to know which data to trust. The numbers or the graph?

Tnx!

udbrky
11-14-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm not sure what you're comparing here - the graph is showing net winnings/ev, not chips it looks like.

HossendeHaai
11-14-2012, 10:06 AM
It has to be chips IMHO, as the number of the horizontal line is matching the number of the hands played, not the number of tournaments. Also the (not-EV) result in the graph matches the result in bb's in the report. One more reason is HM2 doesn't calculate net winnings/ev for MTT's and these are all MTT's.

Patvs
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Can you post the same screenshot again, but with filters cleared, and the graph in total amount of chips (not in big blinds)

HossendeHaai
11-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Here it is! Cleared filters. Still in bb's though, since that's where the problem is with. Total amounts of chips are fine, but not very usefull for a MTT-player.

udbrky
11-15-2012, 04:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this and I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and have explained the issues you are having and they will be in touch shortly to help resolve the problem.

HossendeHaai
11-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Kick!

fozzy71
11-23-2012, 07:26 PM
You must be using the Big Bets stat instead of the big blinds stat. They both use the 'bb' which can be confusing when picking stats so you need to make sure you read the description carefully. I duplicated your problem until I realized I had added the wrong stat to the report.

* For some reason you can't add both stats to the same report. If you do the Big Bets stat seems to over-ride the big blinds stat in the reports.

big blinds:

Big Bets

HossendeHaai
11-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Tnx for the reaction. I checked this, and I had chosen big blinds/100, without big gets/100. However, by adding the column chips EV, the problem was fixed somehow. This does mean there are 2 bugs. 1. EV BB/100 sometimes overrides EV bb/100 with no apparent reason. 2. EV BB/100 is displayed as EV bb/100. I'm not bothered by them anymore, but I guess they should be fixed.

Meanwhile i noticed a problem with the (EV) net won chips. The graph or the tabel displays wrong amounts of net won chips and ev net won chips, as you might notice in the picture attached. This problem occurs with all reports.

fozzy71
11-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Tnx for the reaction. I checked this, and I had chosen big blinds/100, without big gets/100. However, by adding the column chips EV, the problem was fixed somehow. This does mean there are 2 bugs. 1. EV BB/100 sometimes overrides EV bb/100 with no apparent reason. 2. EV BB/100 is displayed as EV bb/100. I'm not bothered by them anymore, but I guess they should be fixed.

I have forwarded this to one of our testers. I think this is something we had similar problems with on the cash reports but never fixed for the tournament reports.

Meanwhile i noticed a problem with the (EV) net won chips. The graph or the tabel displays wrong amounts of net won chips and ev net won chips, as you might notice in the picture attached. This problem occurs with all reports.

I have asked the tester to look into this also to see if he can reproduce it and get it documented for the developers to fix.

fozzy71
11-24-2012, 02:34 PM

I have forwarded this to one of our testers. I think this is something we had similar problems with on the cash reports but never fixed for the tournament reports.

This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-6073 - Report Stat Issue: EV BB/100 uses same name as EV bb/100 and cannot be added to reports at the same time

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

I have asked the tester to look into this also to see if he can reproduce it and get it documented for the developers to fix.

We are unable to reproduce this on multiple machines/databases (see example image below).

*Try creating a new DataBase - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1431/How+is+a+new+database+created+in+Holdem+Manager+2% 3F
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/81/Options+%7B47%7D+Hand+Importing+%7B47%7D+Manual+Ha nd+Importing
All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.

If you continue to have problems, what site and what games do you typically play? Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com