PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error when running HUD

Chips8
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I can still import hands but can't see my HUD. When I click on the replayer, I can see the past hands but not the HUD also.

The error message is: "Runtime Error!
Program ...rogram Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HMHUD.exe
abnormal program termination"

I'm running Windows 7, HM1. 1.12.10b

thanks-

Rizzo23601
11-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Same here. Playing zoom, everything works fine when all of a sudden the tables become black and the HUD crashes.

Patvs
11-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_12Oct2012.exe

Also run a manual Windows Update, and install ALL updates, especially .net framework updates.

Chips8
11-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi, I did the update to 1.12.11 Internal and ran a manual Windows Update but the problem persists.

What else should I do? thanks.

udbrky
11-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework -
http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1881/Holdem+Manager+.NET+Cleanup+Instructions

1) Please make sure you are installing on an administrator account and running as an administrator.

2) Please turn off UAC.

3) You'll need to add:
- holdemmanager.exe
- hmhud.exe, hmimport.exe
- postgres and pg_ctl, your poker client .exe
- table ninja.exe

to the exceptions list in your firewall and antivirus.

4) Make sure that windows is fully updated. Keep checking for updates until it says twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

5) You need to make sure that c:\programfiles\rvgsoftware\holdemmanager, as well as c:\hmarchive and your site's hand history folder are each not read only** and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. ***

** You will need to right click the folder, open properties. At the bottom in Attributes, uncheck the Read-Only. The folder will continue showing read only after that, this is an issue in Windows

*** This is in Properties as well, in Security.

Chips8
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi, I carefully followed all the steps but still have the problem. The HUD won't even show up in the Replayer. What else should I do or can I have a remote help session?

Edit: Not sure if this helps, but when I click on properties for "HoldemManager.exe" and "HMBackup.exe," I see t that they were created and modified last month in October. But for HMHud.exe, it shows it was created and modified in August.

Also, I disabled MS Security Essentials but the same error message with the HUD. Hands are importing fine otherwise. Table Manager appears to work too.

Patvs
11-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_11Nov2012.exe

Then create a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

and reimport your hands

Chips8
11-14-2012, 04:14 PM
After the update, properties for HMHud.exe shows it to be created/modified on Nov 10/2012.

I created the new DB but I still have the same problem when I click on Replayer or click on Start Import so I deleted the new DB and am back to square 1.

Patvs
11-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

If you rightclick on the HM2 folder, properties--> is "read-only" turned off?

Chips8
11-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. For anti-virus + firewall, I'm using MS Security Essentials. I just downloaded Ad Aware today too.

I'm using HM1. I've unchecked "read-only" but per post #5 by bdurky, when I go back to properties, it shows "read-only" is still checked even though I've unchecked it numerous times.

Patvs
11-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Try reinstalling HM1 with the full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe
Install it to a non-system folder, so NOT to a C:/Program Files(x86) subfolder, but for example to C:/Poker/HoldemManager
then run it from that new location.

Chips8
11-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks. The last step worked.