PDA

View Full Version : Database schema for tournaments

kuco
08-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Looking for a way to import tournament summaries as high volume player.
Old PT2 had a feature where it looked at its database and asked from pokerstars a tournament summaries via email.

I am trying to recreate this feature for HEM as separate application.
Tourney -> Results tab has a grid "Data View" and it contains a column named "Sum". I would need and SQL query to find out what tourneys have summaries and what not.

Any suggestions?

netsrak
08-17-2010, 05:06 AM
I move your thread to our custom reports area where you hopefully find some help.

The Minder
08-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I've had a look thru the db structure but I can't find anything obvious for a 'Sum' flag. This would be so easy for a developer to give an answer but the chances of that happening are too remote to contemplate.

kuco
08-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I've had a look thru the db structure but I can't find anything obvious for a 'Sum' flag. This would be so easy for a developer to give an answer but the chances of that happening are too remote to contemplate.

So we are screwd. Great, I will have to write this program for PT3 then.

gg

The Minder
08-18-2010, 01:58 AM
For PT3 users there are a couple of options.

1. Here is a thread offering a script to gather the info you're seeking. software to automatically request missing tournament summaries (stars) - Gambling and Poker Software Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/software-automatically-request-missing-tournament-summaries-stars-409085/) Would be super-nice if a HM developer would mod the script for HM use. Yep, I'm joking.

2. PT3 now has an 'auto-recognize' feature for tournies. It's about 90% accurate and getting better. It sort of obviates the need for the script I mentioned above.

morny
08-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi,

Not sure what all the negativity is about since we do state in the announcements for this custom reports forum that the developers do not monitor this forum and its mostly a community based forum for people to help each other out but they do occasionally help out when they can but the developers just wouldn't have enough time to answer all the threads.

I don't think its fair to make a comment like that about the developers who work extremely hard as it gives the wrong impression to a new customer, whether that was the intention or not thats the way it came across to me and obviously to this potential customer.

Anyway in the interests of not derailing the thread and to answer the OP I've had a look and if i'm correct the tourney_ended field (true/false) is basically this which is in the tourneyplayerdata table. I'm assuming that is the case since you would only need a summary for an incomplete tournament. Hopefully that helps.

FYI i have been in email contact with a couple of people with stars and they are going to talk with their developers about adding all the summary info into the hand history which will mean you wont need to request summaries just like Full Tilt. I would have hoped this would be completed by now but obviously we dont have any control over how long these things take but its on their to do list. When that happens well support this new method and you wont need summaries anymore.

The Minder
08-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi,

Not sure what all the negativity is about since we do state in the announcements for this custom reports forum that the developers do not monitor this forum and its mostly a community based forum for people to help each other out but they do occasionally help out when they can but the developers just wouldn't have enough time to answer all the threads.

And that Sir, is my problem. Roy has listed the db schema for cash games and has explained how they can be used to create customized reports. However, for the tourney db he has provided nothing but promises. Just one example here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/28652-coinflips-can-create-report-sql.html

If Roy wants to create two classes of HM customers, one with support and one without, then that's his business. But if he chooses that route then he had also better man up and accept the flack.