PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate hands

johanhall
08-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Hello,

I've imported my DB couple of times when reinstalling my computer and stuff and now I've got tons of duplicate hands that screws up my graph, is there any way to get rid of duplicate hands?

johanhall
08-16-2010, 10:04 AM
also HEM shows some sessions multiple times under "sessions"

netsrak
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
When you restore a backup it is very important to create an empty database via pgadminIII and not with the holdemmanager functions. Otherwise you will have duplicate relations in the data.

So create a new database as explained in the FAQ and restore your backup:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

jjmcjohnson
08-24-2010, 07:28 PM
When you restore a backup it is very important to create an empty database via pgadminIII and not with the holdemmanager functions. Otherwise you will have duplicate relations in the data.

So create a new database as explained in the FAQ and restore your backup:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

Hi Netsrak

I have noticed the same problem with my database however I have not reinstalled my database again and for some reasons they only appear at 25nl and it happens randomly with some recent files having been imported.

What should I do?

netsrak
08-25-2010, 05:08 AM
Please post a screenshot

sidGucci
09-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Yesterday, I was looking to run some reports and discovered that I have several duplicate hands in my database as well. I searched the threads and came across this one as a method to eliminate duplicate hands within a database.

Before I go thru with this procedure, I would just like to confirm the following:

i. If I follow the step-by-step process of Back-up & Restore as suggested above, will my duplicate hands be eliminated in the new database?

ii. By creating a new database, will my table preferences and settings remain unchanged?

Thank you for your assistance!!

netsrak
09-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Short answer: yes

sidGucci
09-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Thank you for the prompt response.

My backup has been completed and now I have a quick question as it relates to the new database.

The instructions say to create a new database name and leave everything else the same. However, the image illustrated shows encoding as UTF8. My pop up box to create a new database shows SQL_ASCII.

Please advise. Thank you!!!!

Patvs
09-22-2010, 07:49 PM
If you use SQL 8.4/9.0 default will be UTF8
If you use SQL 8.2 it's ASCII
For 8.3 in pgadminIII check what the encoding is of the POSTGRES database.

Create your HoldemManager database in the same encoding.

cruss
09-27-2010, 04:15 PM
I have the same problem and tried the above but it didn't help

netsrak
09-28-2010, 05:21 AM
The problem of duplicate hands?

How did you create the new database?
How did you restore the old data (restoring a backup or importing the hands)?

cruss
09-29-2010, 04:18 AM
fozzy managed to help me out on 2p2 and everything is sorted now. thanks for reply anyway :)