PDA

View Full Version : HEM wont work on my second laptop

DrGaskopf
10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I recently switched to HEM and Im a big fan. It works great on the first laptop I installed it on but on my second laptop HEM just does not want to function. Neither HH are imported and shown nor does the HUD work.
I followed the exact instructions on the FAQs. Once that didnt work I reinstalled it and tried the whole thing again. Still no success though.
I put in the HH folders, added my player names, hero names etc...but nothing works.

When I try to import my old processed HHs it tells me x amount of files found to process. Then it goes through all the files and says estimated time remaining: less than 1 minute. And thats how it stays. Nothing more happens. No hands are displayed in the database and HUD doesnt start up while playing(even with the relaunch button).

Please help.

morny
10-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Are you using Vista? If so can you disabled UAC http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

DrGaskopf
10-22-2008, 10:53 PM
No I do not have vista. Im using regular XP home edition.

So heres what I did in the mean time. I deinstalled everything HEM and SQL. I reinstalled HEM and then I got an error message everytime I tried to finish up the SQL service configuration. It kept telling me: Account Error invalid user specified. I think Ive done this about 15 times tonight and I made sure to follow exactly what it said in the SQL guide.

After that I used a new username for SQL and suddenly it let me continue. I simply added an "s" to the username postgres, which then spelled postgress. So then everything seemed fine and I registered and activated HEM but the problem is not solved. HEM and HUD still are not working.

I then tried the instructions of FAQ # 34 but that didnt work either.

Whats next???

fabio
10-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Which version were you running? Try updating HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

DrGaskopf
10-26-2008, 01:05 PM
alright, so I updated to the Beta version. That didnt do anything. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole package again. Suddenly it read in around 7k hands in my database. I dont think thats all of them though. And the HUD is not working still.

Im pretty frustrated here. What else can I try?

morny
10-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Please PM me and let me know a suitable time to do a teamviewer session to sort the problems out