PDA

View Full Version : FT HUD scrambling

Veteran68
08-15-2010, 01:03 AM
I've been noticing this off and on for awhile now, for several version past, and I finally grabbed a screenshot tonight. Basically the HUD will forget its layout and I'll have to re-arrange it. I'll save position through Table Manager, and it might keep itself set for awhile, and then it'll scramble again. It's quite annoying because I use multiple panels arranged around the pod, so fixing it is not as easy as just moving 9 player panels into place.

Even stranger, when multi-tabling, it will happen on some tables but not others. Tonight when I opened four $2.25 SnGs on FT, this is what it looked like. Pardon the size of the image, but I have a hi-res monitor and like to tile the tables as big as I can.

The bottom-right corner table has the correct layout (and strangely enough it was not the first table that opened). You can see one panel at the top of each pod with player name and hands, two panels stacked at the bottom of the pod, and a 4th panel with only M in the larger font to the right of the pod. Notice on the other 3 tables how 3 of the 4 panels jumbled together at the bottom of the pod. I tried restarting HUD and it didn't help.

http://morrisonline.us/pics/poker/hem_hud_bug1.png

Patvs
08-15-2010, 02:43 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off. Also for the main Full Tilt .exe file.

Make sure your video card drivers are fully updated (NOT using Windows Update, but just by downloading the latest beta driver). What videocard chipsest do yo have? With which driver?

Turn off the Windows AERO interface

Veteran68
08-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
Both Firewall and AV are provided by Norton Internet Security 2010, fully updated.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
Already at 1.11.04. Btw, it would be really helpful if you guys would starting naming your releases with version numbers.

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.
I run as Admin with UAC disabled. As such, I've never had to run HEM or anything else "as administrator" since they should already be running with elevated privileges. And HEM as a whole has always worked for me, as opposed to others who fail to run it as Admin, leading me to believe it's NOT a privileges issue. But I guess I can give it a shot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off. Also for the main Full Tilt .exe file.
Don't run Windows Firewall, and can't see how internet or firewall access would affect HUD positioning on just some tables, which is not a network function. Nothing is having trouble communicating with the 'net.

Make sure your video card drivers are fully updated (NOT using Windows Update, but just by downloading the latest beta driver). What videocard chipsest do yo have? With which driver?
Yes, my Nvidia GTX 275 card is fully updated to latest drivers. Again, that isn't something that should be affecting HUD layout on just *some* tables and not others.

Turn off the Windows AERO interface
That I haven't tried lately. I'm never happy about having to do it, and I'm still skeptical it will help here as it's not a problem with scraping, it's a simple layout problem which shouldn't care about Aero. But I can try it.

Again, the problem is inconsistent, so if it were a failure due to any of the settings you mention, it should be consistently failing -- not just sometimes and just on some tables.

I'm a software engineer by trade so troubleshooting and diagnosing software issues are second nature to me. It sounds like you're suggesting a standard scripted list of things to try for any and all problems, which is fine, but I am reasonably certain that most of them are not going to be relevant to this issue. However you do have my sympathy since we're the most difficult people to support. ;)

netsrak
08-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Can you please try to disable prefetch and live-tracking for FTP under site options?

Veteran68
08-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Can you please try to disable prefetch and live-tracking for FTP under site options?

Okay, I disabled pre-fetch. Live tracking was already disabled. I'll update if it makes a difference, but with this issue being intermittent I might not be able to tell right away.

Veteran68
08-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Just a follow-up to report that since disabling pre-fetch, I have not seen this problem again. Can't guarantee it was the fix, as the problem was intermittent to begin with, but I figure I would have probably seen it again by now.

Pre-fetch is handy and I'd like to see it fixed, but if it's going to cause these kind of problems then I can wait a couple of hands to see stats. Besides I'm not playing ring any more atm, just STT/MTTs, so table selection isn't as critical or possible anyway. And I do have Table Scanner for ring...

netsrak
08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I'll forward this to our Hud developer.