PDA

View Full Version : Infected by virus - cant access HEM or pgadminIII

Frankenstein
08-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi

Yesterday I was infected by Rogue.SecuritySuite and despite using 6 hours trying to fix it, none of the "solutions" I found on internet worked. The virus has blocked my internet connection (weather in sidebar still works for some reason, but I cant access MSN, IE etc) and keeps flashing my desktop so all windows get closed every 10 secs.

I have given up and only want to format the computer, but I cant even access HEM as it tells me that the version is unregistred and that I have to fix my proxy settings. I have a 100 % legit version of HEM that worked fine until the virus struck me. I tried to go to pgAdminIII 8.3, but when I type the password this message comes up:

"An error has occurred

Error connecting to server: could not create socket:The parameter is incorrect"

I have tried all the normal passwords (dbpass, svcpass, postgrespass etc) butall give the same message.

Any tips on what Ican do to save my hands and HUD layout?

Thanks!!

Patvs
08-15-2010, 02:25 AM
SAVE your archive folder. Default: C:/HMArchive.
If you played all the hands on PokerStars/FullTilt/PartyPoker--> don't worry about your archive folder, since you can just email them to request all your hands.

HoldemManager needs an internet connection to check the license..
also PostgreSQL needs an active connection (not being blocked by a virus) to run its server.

To export your HUD--> you need to be able to START HoldemManager.. so consider that lost. (but you can easily set that up again)

StrikingEagle
08-16-2010, 01:47 AM
I too recently had a nasty virus/trojan which took a long time to
get rid of. Completely knocked off my internet connection.

Eventually (2.5 days) solved problem doing the following:

Deleted HEM in control panel....yes, the entire program.
Restart computer in safe mode with networking.
Download/install and run free version of "Malwarebytes"
Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)
Run full deep scan using Malwarebytes.
Downloaded and installed COMODO free firewall.
Free Desktop PC Security - Free Downloads Keep your PC Safe | Comodo (http://www.comodo.com/products/free-products.php)
Run complete deep scan.
Restart computer normally.
Redownload HEM.
To my surprise, this worked.

Hopefully, if you have not already solved your problem, this may help.