PDA

View Full Version : Moving HEM data to a backup HD without access to HEM...

jippyj
08-13-2010, 08:39 AM
... My pc has basically given up; i cant access HEM so am looking to move my data to an external HD then reinstall windows/hem/postgres after a complete reformat etc..

What postgres files do i need to move?
Should i just copy the whole HEM directory or is the data held only in the postgres database?

I couldnt find anything in the FAQ...

Thanks

Patvs
08-14-2010, 12:41 AM
You can copy the /config folder in the HoldemManager folder (and /FishFinder is you use TableScanner)

You'll lose your HUD..... since you need to export that IN HoldemManager.

Simply copying the SQL folder won't work. Can't you open dbcontrolpanel.exe (in the HoldemManager folder) ?? That what you can export your database without running HM.

--->Or run the new HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.exe which can .back ALL your settings + database

jippyj
08-14-2010, 09:34 AM
No i cant run HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.exe

Does /config hold my handhistory database or are there files in

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\Data that i need to copy over.... and if so how do I add this to a new database?

Thanks

netsrak
08-14-2010, 01:17 PM
See this FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)

But it will only work if you install the same postgresql version as on the old PC.