PDA

View Full Version : New to HEM

BLT KID
08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi,

I am a recent PT3 convert. Just getting started with HEM.

I am most interested in an advanced HUD configuration for MTT and MT/SNG.

Is there a repository or somewhere users share their layouts?

If so, can u please link me?

If not, can u please link me any HUD configuring links you feel may be helpful to

a new user. I have a pretty good understanding of configuring several HUDs,

just not familiar w/ the HEM interface for doing so, yet.

Thanks,

Donnie

The Minder
08-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Why not use the same parameters you used in the PT3 HUD?

BLT KID
08-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I did. LOL. Guess I was just being lazy. :)

It was pretty easy to figure out and obviously better already than that other thing I was using. What the hell was I thinking waiting so long? :confused:

HEM FTW!!! :D

BLT KID
08-12-2010, 09:42 PM
I was able to get my hud stats set to how I wanted. (Using multiple panels)

However, after adding a 3rd panel for M and BB, I am having trouble.

Whenever I click/drag the M/BB stat panels, they only stay in place until the next import. Even

after saving locations in tbl mgr. ????

Then they revert back to scattered. If I place them where I want, then hit lock

layout, they instantly jump to somewhere I don't want them?

Anyone, help please?

Patvs
08-13-2010, 12:45 AM
update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate_1.11.04_Internal.exe

On which site do you play?
You have seating preferences setup?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Is there any way... you can use a HUD with no multiple panels?

BLT KID
08-13-2010, 02:04 AM
I play on FTP and Stars for now. I am using Vista. I did update, and made sure I was running as admin. The only way I know how to run as admin. is to right click the shortcut>properties>shortcut tab-advanced> check run as admin.
I am not familiar with the other process u described. If I need to do more, can u please elaborate or link me to dummies walk thru?
I changed it from 3 to 2 panels, but am still having prob's only w/ the M and BB panel not staying put.
Also, I do not have tbl avg.s checked to show yet there is a box w/ table avg, last pot size, etc. How do I remove this?

To answer ur question: The M and BB stats, and having them in a separate panel from my other stats is one of the main reasons I switched. A single panel is not really an option because of the size tbls I use when mass tbling.
I tried it w/ M and BB attached to the 2nd panel and did not like it at all.

I've tried this like 8 times now. I had to remove M/BB from my HUD for now, because they just wont stay. It's so irritating and obv distracting :(

I wanna get these stats back and in place asap.

Thanks for any help

Patvs
08-13-2010, 03:25 AM
1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref2txt and pospref4.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (asterisk).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
7) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
8) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

BLT KID
08-13-2010, 04:58 AM
I followed those directions exactly. Same problem. :confused:

I tried moving to 4 diff tables, same prob on all. If I was able to get them set, I immediately saved the positions and left table. Moved to a new one. Everything is scattering now. Not just M/BB. I have serious HUD tilt!!!

I have all my stats ,colors, everything I want for now, set....
I just can get the damn stats to stay where they are supposed to. :(

I'll check back in this afternoon and see if you have any solutions.

TY

BLT KID
08-13-2010, 02:07 PM
9hrs... no response?

BLT KID
08-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Well, I deleted those files several times and retried this 1/2 dozen times.

I had to keep switching tables and moving/saving stats. I think they're actually set now. I locked the layout after I closed the tables.

I think that did the trick, finally. Sigh.

*How about my question of removing the block that shows last 3 hands or w/e?

The Minder
08-13-2010, 07:51 PM
HUD Options > Player Preferences then choose the configuration you want to change. Then select the 'Appearance' tab and deselect 'show table avgs'.

BLT KID
08-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Did that. Several times. Seemed like the obvious fix. But,still there. :confused:

NM. You have to also toggle the number of pots used for avgs. from 3 to none. Now gone

Patvs
08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Remove last three hands:
hud options--> player preferences--> appearance tab--> change number of pots to NONE

BLT KID
08-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Did that. Several times. Seemed like the obvious fix. But,still there. :confused:

NM. You have to also toggle the number of pots used for avgs. from 3 to none. Now gone

You're kiddding? :p LOL.

Thx;)