PDA

View Full Version : 1.11.04 Optimizing tool error message

a-line
08-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Hi,just trying that database optimizing tool and it gives following error message
Im on Windows 7,:

Here is that message:

[12.8.2010 9:50] Reading databases .done
[12.8.2010 9:52] Starting optimization
[12.8.2010 9:52] Optimizing holdemmanager...[12.8.2010 10:12] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[12.8.2010 10:12] error: kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
kohteessa Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
kohteessa HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
kohteessa HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[12.8.2010 10:12] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

netsrak
08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
From the error message it sounds like you cancelled the operation.
This can be caused by a firewall or other security software too.

ShLiM
08-12-2010, 01:44 PM
where is this tool located?

a-line
08-13-2010, 02:14 AM
where is this tool located?
Database management

sprstoner
08-13-2010, 02:14 AM
i get the same error.

a-line
08-13-2010, 02:37 AM
From the error message it sounds like you cancelled the operation.
This can be caused by a firewall or other security software too.

It gives that same error message even if i turn my Avast off,i dont have any other security sofware,,except Windows firewall..if that WFW causing this prob
what should i do,thanks

Enki
08-13-2010, 04:08 AM
my firewall gives me an allow/block? popup when trying to optimize my db, so you need to set an allow rule for HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.exe to be able to optimize the db.
But tuning seems only to work if your db is in the default place (it looks for postgresql.conf). I moved my db to another partition.

marceALB
08-13-2010, 10:32 AM
I get the same error. I always did vacuum and reindex with actual windows configuration and always works.

B-Money
08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
What password do you use for your Postgres? (I actually think a custom password is a very likely culprit of this problem.) If you do have a custom postgres password, we probably need to try changing it back to postgrespass or dbpass to verify this fixes the problem. I had a outside contractor put this tool together so it's not using the postgres pass from DBControlPanel.exe
OS?
32/64?
Is postgres installed in default location or on external HD?
What version of Postgres are you using?
Approximately when did you install postgres? last month, 4 years ago?
Does the "tuning" tool appear or does it just crash on the first screen and you can't get to the tuning part?

Just trying to find a common theme here so we can focus on those types of systems to get to the bottom of this. Connection timeout is basically saying it can't find your postgres install and my money is on custom postgres pass causing the problem.

-B

Enki
08-13-2010, 04:58 PM
1. default password
2. XP
3. 32
4. other partition (D:\PostgreSQL)
5. 8.4
6. four months ago
7. when i click on on the tune button in the tuning tab of the HEM Database Mainenance window i get an error window saying

the file C:\Programme/PostgreSQL/8.4/data\postgresql.conf was not found

and this log in the mainenance window:

[13.08.2010 22:50] Reading databases .done
[13.08.2010 22:50] Stopping Postgres Service
[13.08.2010 22:50] Tuning Postgres Configuration
[13.08.2010 22:50] error: Die Datei "C:\Programme/PostgreSQL/8.4/data\postgresql.conf" konnte nicht gefunden werden.[13.08.2010 22:50] error: bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
bei HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.tuneAs ync()[13.08.2010 22:50] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com
[13.08.2010 22:50] Starting Postgres Service

Optimizing works for me, just can't tune it.

thanks for the quick reply btw, Enki

B-Money
08-13-2010, 05:48 PM
1. default password
2. XP
3. 32
4. other partition (D:\PostgreSQL)
5. 8.4
6. four months ago
7. when i click on on the tune button in the tuning tab of the HEM Database Mainenance window i get an error window saying

the file C:\Programme/PostgreSQL/8.4/data\postgresql.conf was not found

and this log in the mainenance window:

[13.08.2010 22:50] Reading databases .done
[13.08.2010 22:50] Stopping Postgres Service
[13.08.2010 22:50] Tuning Postgres Configuration
[13.08.2010 22:50] error: Die Datei "C:\Programme/PostgreSQL/8.4/data\postgresql.conf" konnte nicht gefunden werden.[13.08.2010 22:50] error: bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
bei HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.tuneAs ync()[13.08.2010 22:50] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com
[13.08.2010 22:50] Starting Postgres Service

Optimizing works for me, just can't tune it.

thanks for the quick reply btw, Enki

Afraid I have news you don't want to hear... :-( During development I made the decision to not support different drives for postgres installs on the tuning side. A couple things influenced this decision.

People who use a non-standard postgres install are generally keen on PC tech and can do their own modifications to config files.
I had resources and budget to get it working with standard HM installs and standard postgres installs. Doing this extra development didn't make sense from a cost analysis point of view because the work involved to support this didn't justify the extra dev time.

One thing I can do for you is get the tech doc on what parameters we change and what we change them too on a 4GB+ machine. I'll also revisit this topic with management when I talk about a fix for the possible issue with non-standard postgres passwords.

Attached is my postgres config file. At the bottom you see all the parameters we change. If you search replace, you see all the instances of the memory parameters we change throughout the postgres config file.

Warning!!! This is for a 8GB system and when we increased the 1024 to higher values, Postgres failed to start. If your postgres is working with minimal issues (99% of people I hope.) I wouldn't mess around with editing this yourself. If you do, be sure to back it up first!!!

a-line
08-14-2010, 03:23 AM
What password do you use for your Postgres? (I actually think a custom password is a very likely culprit of this problem.) If you do have a custom postgres password, we probably need to try changing it back to postgrespass or dbpass to verify this fixes the problem. I had a outside contractor put this tool together so it's not using the postgres pass from DBControlPanel.exe
OS?
32/64?
Is postgres installed in default location or on external HD?
What version of Postgres are you using?
Approximately when did you install postgres? last month, 4 years ago?
Does the "tuning" tool appear or does it just crash on the first screen and you can't get to the tuning part?

Just trying to find a common theme here so we can focus on those types of systems to get to the bottom of this. Connection timeout is basically saying it can't find your postgres install and my money is on custom postgres pass causing the problem.

-B
1.Default
2.W 7
4.Default
6.about 5 months ago
7.It does appear and about 15 mins it gives that error,but only if i choose "standard".If i choose "quick" or "full" it runs ok.
This is not problem for me,just FYI.

Enki
08-14-2010, 06:40 AM
that`s ok. i tweaked postgres on my own when i installed it, using the FAQs.

just wanted to help (and a bit of curiosity):)

Enki