PDA

View Full Version : Fix for PostgreSQL cannot start error 127.0.0.1 DOESNT WORK

HDbets111
08-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Im really pissed and tired now, its been 5 times already , enough is enough, every time i get my HM to work as i want it i cant open it due to this "PostgreSQL cannot start error 127.0.0.1" thing.

Its very sad really, i have had this issue in both my computers and now when i replaced them for new ones i still get this after a month or so using it

I really need help here, i paid good money for this software and the truth is i everytime i need to use it i cant so its worthless to me now...

I use Win 7 both Ultimate and home premium ( i dont use any pirate software its all licensed ), 8GB ram, Core 2 duo and Core I7, only use this pc's for poker so not much software installed other than FTP,UB,Party,Stars and some Euro sites that dont even work with HM

HDbets111
08-13-2010, 03:40 AM
bumb

Cant believe i dont get a single answer from support guys....

Patvs
08-13-2010, 04:29 AM
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

read FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27tConnect%7B47%7DFailedToStartPostgreSQL)

Try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

HDbets111
08-13-2010, 05:21 AM
ty for your answer, i did already tried this, as stated in OP this is the 5th time i have this issue and in several computers too, so im having to reinstall and after that i have 0% chance of getting my databases imported so i lose a ton of work

i just installed last version 1,11.04 , ill see if this one works

by the way i had some questions to run by you guys , is there a way i can PM you??

Regards

Ale

netsrak
08-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Postgresql issues will not be fixed with updating Holdemmanager.

Postgresql problems can occur for many reasons:
- Windows Updates stopping the postgresql service. This should be fixed by 1-2 reboots after installing the windows updates.
- Crashing processes / computer. Postgresql writes a lock file which prevents a new start after a crash of the postgresql service. In this case delete the hidden file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder and restart your computer or the postgresql service (in windows services) again.

In most cases this 2 steps should fix the issue.

If not it is probably caused by an update of firewall or other security software. This is something which has to be fixed individually.

If you have to reinstall postgresql it should be possible to save your old data this way: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)

But in any case you should make regular backups (once per month) of your databases and the original handhistory files from the archive (default c:\hmarchive).