PDA

View Full Version : TN slow response time

Polar_Bears
08-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Table Ninja has seem to become slow to respond to my commands the more tables I have open. When you hover your mouse over the table it takes a couple of seconds to initiate everything on the table, and "then" it will accept the shortcut key.

I have cut my system to running as minimal stuff as possible to see if it helps, but I don't notice anything. I am some how doubting my system is not powerful enough to run this application fluidly without all the delays. Here is my system info:

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/systeminformation-1.jpg

And here is my resource meter running during 8 tables, Antivirus and Pandora Radio are the only other major things running. System seems pretty stable to me over time:

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/systemresources.jpg

I just upgraded my memory from 4 megs to 8 megs of high speed memory. The only other possible thing I can do is overclock my processor and memory, as my system is designed to do that from a system and hardware level. However, I was not wanting to overclock unless I have to. The only other important thing to maybe know is my system is setup with 4 750 Gig High speed drives built on RAID 10.

It wasn't having this slow response time when I first started using TN and I just noticed it more lately. I am not sure if it is because I increased my table load from 8 tables to 12, but I would still think it shouldn't be this slugish on my system.

The only other thing I tried was disabling some of the automatic buttons like time bank, never sit out, etc...I disabled a couple of them and I noticed there was "some" improvement, but still there. I really don't want to live without some of these functions being enabled.

Can you help me?

Polar_Bears
08-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Whoops...this should be moved to the Table Ninja section....can someone move it for me please?

Thanks

Fool
08-12-2010, 07:10 PM
I sounds your way ahead of the required settings and the screenshot of resource monitor shows your only using about 30%, at least at that time. Do you have any sort of theme or card mods? Both can slow TNFT a little. You can also disable frames for a performance boost.