PDA

View Full Version : Root config error message

bay
08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Tried to fire up HEM and I got a message that there was a Root config error. Clicked on OK to let HEM do it's stuff but I got an unhandled exception error message.I was using 1.11.01. I downloaded latest beta and same problem.I am HEMless :(...

Any ideas,preferably in non technical terms ?

Patvs
08-11-2010, 08:20 PM
update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate_1.11.04_Internal.exe

If that fails--> run the full installer again @ Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps (http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php)
and completely reinstall HoldemManager

bay
08-12-2010, 02:38 PM
OK-this may be a noob question-but if I completely reinstall how do I ensure that my existing database is transferred to the new version of HEM ? Also I have TableNinja (stars),LeakBuster and TableScanner. Can all of these be readily reactivated on the newly installed version ?

Patvs
08-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Connecting to your old database--> using LeakBuster, TableNinja, TableScanner etc. will not be a problem.

However the full installer will overwrite your current settings, so you have to export your NOTES... and HUD

bay
08-13-2010, 03:12 AM
How do I export my HUD and notes ? I cannot start up HEM at the moment. Sorry again that this may be a basic question but I am not that IT savvy so if you can give me a step by step instruction that would be v helpful.

Patvs
08-13-2010, 11:18 PM
options--> notes--> export notes
hud options--> player preferences--> export HUD

bay
08-14-2010, 02:52 AM
I dont understand your answer. The point is that I cannot open my existing version of HEM to select the options you have indicated. What can I do if I cannot open HEM at all ?

netsrak
08-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

bay
08-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Tried this-I am getting the same error message re Root config as before and HEM won't open.Is there any chance of some remote support via Teamviewer or Mikogo ?

Thanks

netsrak
08-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Please post a screenshot of the error message.

bay
08-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Don't know how to do a screenshot but when I try to open HEM it says:
An occured while reading the config /HEM config file:Root element is missing. HEM will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you.

I then click on OK and i get a message headed 'MIcrosoft.Net Framework' which says Unhandled exception has occured in your application.Continuing the application will ignore the error and attempt to continue . Quit will exit the application.

When I attempt to continue HEM looks like it is trying to start (ie the HEM box appears in the middle of the screen) but it never gets going.

bay
08-14-2010, 03:44 PM
There was one more bit to the Microsoft Net error message. It said cannot create a file when that file already exists.

netsrak
08-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Your installation seems to be totally corrupt.
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

phillitup
09-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I had that same error, and after trying the various things, I deleted the config and config BU files, and ran HM. I had to connect to my DB as if it were an almost new install, but all my hands, settings, etc. were intact.

The problem arose from a frozen computer that I had to very ungracefully shut down, HEM was open at the time.