PDA

View Full Version : Detecting Old DB

GotN0wT
08-11-2010, 04:12 AM
I've recently installed a new hard drive from which I am now running Windows and HEM. With my old set-up, I had a partitioned HD with Windows and HD running on one partition and PostgreSQL running on the other.

When I bought the new HD wiped the partition with Windows and HEM running on it, but kept the other partition containing my PostgreSQL database.

After installing Windows, I went about installing HEM. I was asked if I wanted to install PostgreSQL too. Beside the option was the comment "(already running on this machine)." I declined and just went ahead with installing HEM.

Once installed, it couldn't detect my old database (even though I'd put in the correct user/pass etc.) So I decided to just uninstall HEM and re-install it along with PostgreSQL - this time with both being installed onto the new HD. Still no luck. I finally replaced the data folder with the huge data folder from my old hard drive containing my old database hoping that would do it. It didn't.

I'm out of ideas...

Patvs
08-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Replacing the data folder won't solve it....

Most likely your old database was a SQL 8.3 database... and the new database is a SQL 8.4 database.. and those are not compatible with each other.

You can try to install 8.3 to the old SQL folder to see if it can find your old database.... if it doesn't--> you'll have to use a NEW database--> reimport all your hands.

GotN0wT
08-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Did as you say and got the following error:

The existing data directory (Date/time setting: floating-point numbers) is not compatible with this server (Date/time setting: 64 intergers).

I googled this error and found the following response:

You must be upgrading an old installation which is having its date/time setting as floating-point numbers. In our newer release of installers, we changed the date/time setting to 64-bit integers.

A work around is back up your old data folder (using pg_dump) and create a new data folder and then restore your data (using pg_restore).

How do I do this?

GotN0wT
08-13-2010, 09:44 AM
I don't have all the raw hand histories - no idea why not.

I make a living playing poker and am currently playing with staked money. I need my old database!

How I do dump and restore?

Patvs
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM
dump/restore is explained:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

On which site did you play all these hands?
Most sites have records of every hand you've ever played you can easily request by emailing them.