PDA

View Full Version : Hud Data Label Positioning

RabidJay
08-10-2010, 04:25 AM
I am trialing HM and can't seem to figure out how to get the HUD to consistently show player data in the right place.

I /finally/ stumbled upon the idea that I could drag the labels around by right-clicking and then in HM using Hud Options/ Table Prefs allowed me to lock them in place however, next time I started up I had to repeat the whole process.

Then, when I opened a second table, moving labels around on one table screwed up the original table.

For me at least, it is useless as it stands, more hindrence than help, despite the otherwise good functionality.

Maybe there is a secret?

crassius
08-10-2010, 05:09 PM
I am trialing HM and can't seem to figure out how to get the HUD to consistently show player data in the right place.

I /finally/ stumbled upon the idea that I could drag the labels around by right-clicking and then in HM using Hud Options/ Table Prefs allowed me to lock them in place however, next time I started up I had to repeat the whole process.

Then, when I opened a second table, moving labels around on one table screwed up the original table.

For me at least, it is useless as it stands, more hindrence than help, despite the otherwise good functionality.

Maybe there is a secret?

There is a procedure to get everything lined up right, and then save it, but I can't get it to work either, and can't get any response from support.

Check the FAQ by searching card allignment, and it'll tell you how it used to work, but for me it breaks whenever a new player enters the game or I change tables after setting everything up.

Updating hasn't helped.

crassius
08-10-2010, 09:06 PM
After two days of wasting time, and getting NO HELP from HM, I switched to no preferred seating... this isn't as easy as one would think because once you elect to have preferred seating on stars, you can't just turn it off.

So I had to uninstall PS client... twice actually because uninstall doesn't delete all the PS client folders, so once I deleted them, re-installed, then I got it to work.

Of course its supposed to work w/ preferred seating, but has there are constant updates to HM, each one of them breaks in its own way, and you get zero help trying to get their bug ridden excuse for software to work at all.... even if half way.

So I'm good for a week or two, then I'll have to waste a day or two more as usual trying to get this piece of crap to work.

I see from your post you are demoing the software. Don't make the same mistake I did and actually give them your money. This is typical of HM. Just try to import some hands from email and you'll see another labor intensive task that can be done in one click w/ Poker Tracker.

Poker Tracker is more expensive, but you get what you pay for. HM is a piece of shit, and they don't back up their product with any service either.

Prolly because its just another bug that they are aware of, and have no way to fix it till they get around to fixing the bug, so they just ignore you.... after all you're just their customer.

Patvs
08-11-2010, 09:26 PM
@RabidJay 1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref2txt and pospref4.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (asterisk).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
7) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
8) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

the save positions part is the most important... and only doing it on ONE table..

also please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate_1.11.04_Internal.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. And reboot.