PDA

View Full Version : Help please

hicks78
11-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi guys/girls,

I'll explain a little about myself... Firstly I'm newish (and pretty stupid) to poker, probs a few years but with quite big gaps in between playing and I'm brand new to HM software...

I started playing poker whilst recovering from an amputation of my leg - the adrenaline got me and buzz from winning got me through some difficult times but the inevitable losses (I'm not a natural to poker by any stretch of the imagination) made it hard to carry on.

After a couple of failed attempts to try and at least break even, I have now decided knowledge is king and have been reading a few poker articles on the net and I purchased HM2 last week. However, I'm struggling to figure out what stats I should have on my HUD, or at least in some cases I know what I want but don't know what they under in the HUD options - for e.g. I would like to have stats for -

Pre flop
someone limping and then calling a raise
someone limping then folding to a raise
attempts to steal BB
folds BB to steal

Post flop
amount of times someone c-bets
amount of times someone folds c-bet after being raised

I'm sure these stats are in there, I just don't know what they are under in the HUD options???

If anybody could give me the abbreviations for these stats so I can find them, I would be massively in your debt, quite possibly, if you've come across me at the tables I would have paid you my dues :(

Also if you think any other stats would benefit me more, then please feel free to let me know what they are and where to find them - also a little reason why would be brilliant, if possible of course... :cool:

Thanks in advance for your help...

ooops, forgot to say I play 0.10/0.25 NL 6 max...

Sorry for the waffle and gl at the tables :)

Patvs
11-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Basic HUD:
Player's name - Number of Hands
VPIP / PFR / AGG (aggression factor)

You can also select more advanced (default) Harrington HUDs (those HUDs are described in the book Harrington on Online Cashgames).

I would add a third line with:
Fold BB to Steal / and Fold to Flop Cbet

Other stats you would like:
someone limping and then calling a raise--> Limp-Call
someone limping then folding to a raise--> Limp-Fold
attempts to steal BB--> Steal%
folds BB to steal--> Fold BB to Steal (in the vsSteal category)

amount of times someone c-bets--> Flop Cbet

Patvs
11-06-2012, 11:22 PM
amount of times someone folds c-bet after being raised--> Flop Cbet-Fold (in the continuation bet category)

hicks78
11-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Basic HUD:
Player's name - Number of Hands
VPIP / PFR / AGG (aggression factor)

You can also select more advanced (default) Harrington HUDs (those HUDs are described in the book Harrington on Online Cashgames).

I would add a third line with:
Fold BB to Steal / and Fold to Flop Cbet

Other stats you would like:
someone limping and then calling a raise--> Limp-Call
someone limping then folding to a raise--> Limp-Fold
attempts to steal BB--> Steal%
folds BB to steal--> Fold BB to Steal (in the vsSteal category)

amount of times someone c-bets--> Flop Cbet

Hi Patvs,

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated... I guess some of them are obvious but there are so many and when you are newish to the game and HM2, it's quite hard to know what some of the stats mean.

Do you know of anywhere I can get a list for what the stats mean?

Patvs
11-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/StatDefinitions

hicks78
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Great stuff patvs, you're a star... I'll have a read and see what's what later. Now, one last request - can you give me some lessons on how to win... :D