PDA

View Full Version : Another "stats don't work in replayer" thread

retam
08-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Hello,

My stats in the HUD don't work properly. It's been the case for a long, long time, I was too lazy to mention it, but finally found the courage :)

I'm on 1.11.03 but it was the same with all previous updates.

Whan I open the replayer most of the time no stats will show. From time to time, (1/5 or so), it will show correctly. In that case, when I move to another hand, the HUD won't refresh, and I keep the stats of the previous hand no matter the time I wait...

I don't know if this can help, but I've tried to manually vacuum my database (I have 18k SNG's in the DB). It won't work. So, I tried to manually do it but I have a lot of interruptions and error messages when I do it, I have to stay and click OK several times before it completes the job.

I almost never make manual imports.

HUD works fine in game.

Thanks !

Patvs
08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Hands played on which sites...?
That's the only site you play.. or you have this problem for multiple sites??

update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate_1.11.04_Internal.exe

there are some other issues with the replayer.. they'll be fixed in one of the next updates.

retam
08-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I'm on PS and don't play other sites...

Updated to 1.11.04 and same thing, first stats take forever to show and when I review the next hand, I still have the 1st hand stats on the HUD, while the new ones won't appear at all.

Patvs
08-10-2010, 05:35 AM
read
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

which SQL version are you using...
at some point.. the best thing to do would be creating a NEW database...

retam
08-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks

Using SQL 8.3 and scared to use 8.4, shouldn't I?

I use latest version of HEM
I've got 2Go of top quality speed RAM, quad core, XP SP3

I've tried:
1.change of priority of HEM processes (no effect)
2.I don't use Winnernames, Winnercards...
3. deleted the logs in an SQL sub-folder
4. Vacuum - Reindex
5. Purged several thousands of SNG's

I finally opted for a new DB.
However, I chose to import day by day then month by month. Result is that as soon as I have several hundreds of SNG's, a few seconds are needed to show stats in the replayer, new hand changes stats immediatly. When 2 to 3k, starts taking some time (30sec or so)
When 6k games (actual DB), 5 min to display my stats. new hand takes 5 min to show stats too.

Should I SQL 8.4 ? Is more RAM needed?

Thanks

Patvs
08-11-2010, 07:20 PM
You should definitely TRY 8.4.4 (install it on port 5433)
Just install it on a different port so it can co-exist with SQL on port 5432 with your current database.

If performance doesn't improve..... it's more likely your harddisk.
Can you run a benchmark with CrystalDiskMark of your harddisk.
Post the:
Sequential read/write speeds
512 KB read/write and
4KB read/write