PDA

View Full Version : HUD freezes on iPoker

mofo
08-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Installed an iPoker client, and opened a table and started playing. Set the import options in HEM. Hands are importing fine, but when I start the hud, it just freezes with text "Scanning IPoker - TableXYZ (No DP 50 bb min).hh" in the status bar and nothing happens. It also makes the actual table freeze and I have to kill the hud to continue playing. Latest version. Win7, all .exe's running as admin. Live tracking enabled or disabled doesn't make a difference.

Patvs
08-10-2010, 12:24 AM
latest version is 1.11.03 or 1.11.04 for you?
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate_1.11.04_Internal.exe

Besides the .exe's having admin privileges, is User Account control completely turned off? are the .exe's also added to the exceptions list of the firewall?

mofo
08-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Version 1.11.04.
UAC is disabled, exes run as admin, they are allowed in and out in firewall.

Patvs
08-10-2010, 05:45 AM
sorry... just found out... we have a problem with ipoker...
it's caused by hmhud.exe and the senior programmer was able to duplicate the crashes... it'll be fixed in the next update..

BotOnTilt
08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't think this is only relelvant to Ipoker. I play in Party, Everleaf, Pacific, Ongame and Ipoker. At first I just closed the Ipoker client and restarted HM (Killed HMHUd.exe manually from the taskmanager). But after that I've received these freezes on occation even though I haven't had the Ipoker software running. On a few occations it worked afer restarting HM, but a few times it the HUD would just freeze again. Anyway, I reverted back to an older version so hopefully I can play tomorrow.

Is there anyway you could program the HUD so that it wouldn't freeze all the poker clients if it happens to crash? Lost quite a bit of money when I had 12 tables freezing on me several times :(

sorry... just found out... we have a problem with ipoker...
it's caused by hmhud.exe and the senior programmer was able to duplicate the crashes... it'll be fixed in the next update..

Patvs
08-24-2010, 06:55 PM
try http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

SibiuStar
08-28-2010, 10:48 AM
try http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

the update doesn't change anything

(ipoker;windows7)

netsrak
08-28-2010, 11:42 AM
We are still working on it.
Please try to disable live-tracking

BotOnTilt
09-12-2010, 04:34 AM
This still keeps happening to me, I'm using the latest Beta (upgraded today).

So I was playing on Everleaf + Party + Pacific and the Hud crashed. I upgraded to the new beta. I tried just playing on Pacific and Party and the HUD crashed when I sat in on Pacific... After closing the HMhud.exe and restarting HM I was able to play. These crashes aren't as frequent, but its highly annoying. (Yesterday I was playing for two hours on Party without any issues though).

Should I disable Live tracking?

netsrak
09-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Yes please. Just to see if it makes a difference.

And if you are using Freephg on Party please try without it too.

BotOnTilt
09-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I didn't really know what Live Tracking was, anyway I disabled it for party - I don't have FreePHG so I assume Live Tracking isn't doing anything. It didn't help.

However, I noticed that when I re-start the HM and import there would be a table name on hte Table Manager, so I just closed that table (it was a Pacific table) and then I could import the hands normaly again. I could even open up that same table and take a seat and it worked fine. I'll try repeating this the next time the HUD crashes on me.

netsrak
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Maybe there was a corrupt file in one of your import folders.

BotOnTilt
09-13-2010, 05:19 AM
Ok so its happened to me a few times today. It seems the issue comes from Pacific tables. When I re-start the import I can see that its looking at one of the HH files from a table when it freezes (Scanning PAcific - Pori.hh) - if I close that table after I killed HMhud then I can start the import and get the hud up. On both cases the table that caused the problems were fullring jackpot tables with only a few players on it. On both times I had started the table and the crashing started when there were perhaps 5 players there. On one of the tables I could later join and have the hud, but if I reseated immediately the hud would crash instantly.

Please let me know if I can help in solving this, its highly annoying as I lose the hud on all the tables until I quit the table.

I took a screen shot, but I don't know if its of any help.

http://content.screencast.com/users/temporaryfolder/folders/Jing/media/db83596b-42ae-44a2-b353-479bdcda7a59/2010-09-13_1214.png

netsrak
09-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Please enable logging in the table preferences. Reproduce the bug and send us the file log\logs.txt, the handhistories for the table and the screenshot with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com.

kamachos
05-14-2011, 01:27 PM
I have the same issue with pacific fullring jackpot tables. Did this issue get resolved or did you figure out the reason for it? I apologize for posting in other threads about it as well.

BotOnTilt
05-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey!

No, it was never resolved for me. I assumed it was due to my configuration as I had some issues with my Vista setup.

However, my motherboard broke down in March and I had it replaced and after that made a clean install of Windows 7 and obv all softwares had to be re-installed.

The problem persists. For some reason it never happens on full tables, nor have I seen it on non-jackpot tables. This makes it pretty much impossible for me to start new tables as at some point the HUD will freeze and I can't play unless I exit the table. I have a feeling that exiting the table and seating at a different seat might prevent the HUD from crashing, but I'm not 100% sure as I try not to play does tables due to the hud. However if I just close the table and just take the seat I previously had I'm fairly sure the HUD will crash instantly. Removing the table HH file from the Pacific clients folder doesn't help either.

BTW, the topic of this thread is very misleading as these problems relate to Pacific, not Ipoker.

Patvs
05-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

kamachos
05-17-2011, 05:03 PM

Windows Vista, windows firewall, i turn off my anti virus to rule it out during playing..

I use the very latest HEM version e-1

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab

I have done that.

Issues persists.

Nobrah
05-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi, I didn't wanted to start a new thread since the bug I have is on ipoker too and I tought it would be revelant to post it in this thread. Everything is working perfectly w/ the hud exept that stats never appear when I play deep stack table on the ipoker network. Do you know how to fix this ?

Patvs
05-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Update to http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/78921-1-11-06g-pre-release.html

kamachos
05-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Even after the newest update still the issue remains. It happens not only on the jackpot tables, but on 888/pacific FR tables as well. Should i enable logging? Would this provide you the info you need? Please tell me how to proceed to trouble shoot the issue as it is very annoying.

Patvs
05-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

twiice
05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
any updates on this yet? i'm in the same package...
it's weird tho cuz sometimes (like this morning) it works perfect, and now it just freezes again and nothing seems to work, pretty annoying :(
The problem is only with the table manager tho, the rest works as normal.
I'm going to try an older table manager version now to see if that works (used to fix the problem a while ago) I'll let you know..

PS. i just closed my HM and my pacific client, but when i open windows taskmanager i can still see a bunch of my tables there, there are named *tablename*overlay and all are -not responding- maybe this helps

Patvs
05-23-2011, 03:56 PM
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/426/DownloadLinksForPastBuilds

@Twiice: Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

twiice
05-23-2011, 05:50 PM
- Vista ultimate

- Yes it's on (i added the 3 HM files to the 'allow' list but that didn't made a difference)

- norton360

Patvs
05-23-2011, 06:05 PM
@kamachos You turned off your anti virus program. Though is this Norton as well?

@twiice: most likely cause of ALL your problems is Norton.
Even if you turn off Norton... or add hmhud.exe to its firewall exceptions... or turn off Norton Sonar---> Norton will still cause problems with HoldemManager.

Read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/52951-norton-antivirus-version-1-11-06b.html

kamachos
05-23-2011, 06:33 PM
All antiviruses are turned off for me and all exceptions are added to windows firewall. If I enable logging and send you teh log file would that not be enough to troubleshoot and determine the cause?

Patvs
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Email us the logging file to support@holdemmanager.com

So did you uninstall your antivirus program.. or just turn it off?
Which antivirus program?

twiice
05-23-2011, 07:32 PM
oh wow turning it off isn't gonna work? that kinda sucks, i rather not switch anti-virus.
I guess for now i'll just use an older version, thx for those links.
What changes happend in the latest update that turned norton into a bad thing?? and is that really worth it? (since norton is obv used by many people)

Thanks for help/quick replys guys

twiice
05-23-2011, 08:32 PM
BTW there is a difference between the norton antivirusses aswell.
Like, mine is different and more extended then the guy from that post you linked to.
I also just checked my norton(and norton insight) and it does not block anything HM related as there is no risk in the files like that guy has, it does get a message every second from HMHUD but it's not beeing quarantained, it's beeing ignored as there is no high risk on it (as i put HM on my safe list)
The only reason it gets logged (i think) is because the HM files don't have a trusted signature or are trusted by the norton community, but they are on the safe list along with those 2 ;)

I can't believe all i just wrote came from my mouth and no, i'm far from an expert on this matter but norton is a great and easy to use program (at least mine is) and i'm almost certain this is not the problem,
So are you really sure this is it?

kamachos
05-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Email us the logging file to support@holdemmanager.com

So did you uninstall your antivirus program.. or just turn it off?
Which antivirus program?

it is not norton, i use AVG on vista and i obviously turn it off, not uninstall it...

some simple instructions for generating the log file?

Patvs
05-23-2011, 10:48 PM
The problems with Norton started when Norton SONAR would either delete hmhud.exe (even if it was added to the exceptions list!) or would completely block it (causing TableManager to freeze/crash)

Norton released a fix for this (for Norton 2010), and it was suggested it's fixed in 2011 versions of Norton.

Just try to temporarily completely uninstall it, to see if you still have crashing/freezing issues.

twiice
05-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Just try to temporarily completely uninstall it, to see if you still have crashing/freezing issues.
Yea sorry but that's just not an option.
I'll see if the problem occurs again and if it does i'll let you know
Still have plan B with using an older HM version.

twiice
05-26-2011, 01:06 PM
No problems these last few days :cool:

kamachos
05-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Pavs could you address my latest post specifically?

twice what did you to resolve the situation so far?

Patvs
05-26-2011, 02:40 PM
hud options--> table preferences: Please enable logging in the table preferences window.

The log file should appear in the HoldemManager/Logs folder.
Email it to support@holdemmanager.com.

Also just schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

twiice
05-26-2011, 06:51 PM
twice what did you to resolve the situation so far?
only added hmhud.exe holdemmanager.exe & hmimport.exe to my antivirus safelist

BotOnTilt
06-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

I did this, updated to 1.11.06e-1 and the problem persists.

I have Windows Vista 64-bit and Norton 360.

So you are telling me that Norton crashes the HUD when I'm playing the Jackpot tables on Pacific poker when they aren't full. And somehow Norton does not make the HM HUD crash when I'm playing on the full tables (i.e. no empty seats)? I find that very strange.

Last Saturday I had no problems playing for 3 hours without crashing, but then I opened a Jackpot table where I was the second player - after a few hands the hud crashed. When I killed the process and started the import it would immediately stop responding. I did this 5 times just to be sure. So it doesn't appear to be random for me, just when I play the fullring jackpot tables which are not yet full.

From an earlier session I remember that once I played at a table that made the hud crash, but when I left the table and sat again when the table was full I could play normally without the HUD crashing.

Patvs
06-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06h-2a.exe

Norton has a history for screwing up the detection of tables in TableManager.
Turn off Norton SONAR (make sure Norton is updated to the 2011 release).. and add hmhud.exe to its exceptions list. (and to its firewall exceptions list)

twiice
06-07-2011, 11:06 AM
looks like you have to remove the 3 .exe's from you norton safe list first before updating, else it won't install without errors

BotOnTilt
07-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Patvs, I think I owe you an apology. I turned off Norton Antivirus during my last few sessions and the HUD didn't crash even once.

If someone else is having problems:
1. Right click on the Norton symbol in the bar at the lower right corner of your screen (near the clock and date)
2. Choose "Disable Antivirus auto protect"
3. Select 5 hours for the duration and you should be fine unless you play a very long session.

This was you don't need to turn off the firewall or quit Norton entirely... Seems to work for me. I'll update in case there are any more crashes.

trgina
08-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, the HUD freezes on 888 10max jackpot tables, happens mostly with just 3-5 seats taken, never when the table is full. Tablemanager shows scanning table_name.hh when it happens.

The interesting thing is that if I kill the HUD, wait a bit for the table to fill and then relaunch it, HUD works correctly again, if I relaunch it right away it instantly freezes again.

I'm running 1.11.07b, W7 64bit, no antivirus or FW

Sarek
08-24-2011, 04:29 AM
trgina, as you can see, this post is about Ipoker.
Please read all suggestions - and if they won't help, please create new post with 888 problem.