PDA

View Full Version : absolute keyboard entry

genher
10-22-2008, 01:27 AM
I play on Absolute mainly SNG's and it's all working fine (import and HUD) but I am not able to type in the chat box or more annoyingly type an amount to bet. As soon as I put the mouse on the box and click it clicks me out agin?? I can't seem to find anything in the FAQ. Help anyone?
I guess this is what I am talking about :

I usually play 6-max and HU cash games and the HUD in the newest release has been much better for the most part (though the spacing issue is annoying, but apparently is being worked on)... I have never had this problem mixing HU and 6-max cash tables. I never play 9-max cash tables so I don't know if this problem applies to those as well.

Today I tried to play a couple of tournaments. First I opened a r/a tourney with 9-max tables, and everything was working okay (though I did have to specifically inform the table manager that it was a 9-max table in order to get all the stats up). While the first tourney started I was playing HU cash table, and had 5 other HU tables open that I was datamining.

Then the other tourney starts. This one was also 9-max tables, but was not a r/a but a bounty tourney. Immediately this table started stealing focus every second or so -- but only from other poker tables or from HEM. If I shut off the table manager the problem went away, but then I was without a HUD. The focus stealing made it impossible to type in bets on any of the tables, including the table that was stealing focus.

This was a really strange issue, but hopefully I've explained it well enough that something can be done about it.

morny
10-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Can you please try with this version and let me know if it persists http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

genher
10-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Morny, I have also found your previous answer in the forum: “try to force on top". And it does seem to do the trick (I would have swore that I tried before and it didn't work...but obviously not).
I will try the beta anyway and let you know how it behaves.

Mike chops
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Can you try running this auto hot keys script.

http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/KeyboardRedirect

It worked for me

genher
10-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks very much but I am on absolute not pokerstar. The "force on top" option seems to do the trick anyway. I am soon going to try with the new beta to see what happen.

Mike chops
10-22-2008, 06:19 PM
The script works for absolute too. I tested it.

genher
10-22-2008, 06:48 PM
ok I didn't realise. thanks

genher
10-22-2008, 07:02 PM
I have tried the new beta it does solve the issue. I have unticked "the force on top" option and I am now able to type bet amount and chat on absolute.
I can confirm that this is now fixed.
Thanks all for your help