PDA

View Full Version : getting standard Postgres problem

epicbubbles
08-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I downloaded the latest Beta for HEM, and uninstalled Kaspersky, and clicked run as admin for all 3 HMHUD HMDB and HEM, and also got 8.4 postgres sql. Yet still I get the "Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1". Whats the issue here guys? Thanks

Patvs
08-07-2010, 09:04 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off.

read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27tConnect%7B47%7DFailedToStartPostgreSQL)

epicbubbles
08-08-2010, 12:43 AM
I tried that and it says "access denied" on the POstgresSQL thing. Also I tried reinstalling HEM and it won't citing that port 5432 is no longer good with postgressql. any other way to fix this?

Patvs
08-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Access denied errors are usually Windows User Account Control related-->

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Make sure the sec logo n is running: The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

---

Try to install SQL 8.3.11 to port 5433 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) and connect to port 5433 in Database Management (dbcontrolpanel.exe)
If 8.3 won't run/install--> install 8.2 on port 5434 and connect to that.