PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Player Identification Problem ?

C-Rex
08-07-2010, 05:28 PM
I have a weird bug. I'm running XP.

Players that I definitely have some hands on are occasionally showing up as new'ish players, and it show only a few hands instead. It's like it thinks they're a new player name, but when I click on the "big box" it shows it's picked up the name correctly.... curious...

After a few more hands, it usually realizes that, Yes, we do know that player, and then it shows the proper stats with all the hands again. Sometimes it goes back and forth a few times in a session. The player name does show correctly both times... very weird.

I managed to capture the same player in both conditions while multitabling today. I hope this picture explains it better then I just did :P

It can be annoying because I might make different plays depending on hud stats obv.

I had to chop and resize smaller to get the upload.

C-Rex
08-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I was playing FR when I noticed this happening. I use a small overlap because monitor real estate is precious. Just the title bar overlaps really.

I have HEM loaded on an SSD and it's generally pretty snappy.

WildBobAA
08-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm having a similar problem. I have the latest version (1.11.04B Internal) and it seems that the HUD is not recognizing certain letters for me correctly. It appears that the HUD is recognizing the letters "g, p, q" as "o" and the letter "j" as "i" among other things such as not recognizing an underscore "_". So anytime a player has one of these characters in their name, the HUD tells me I have 0 hands on them. I have tried all 3 screen scrape methods and none of them fix the problem.

Patvs
08-07-2010, 09:56 PM
@Rex update to run a Windowd update--> install the .net framework non-critical updates
update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate_1.11.04_Internal.exe
create a NEW database...

@Bob hud options--> site options--> turn on OCR again-->
and make sure the tables are using the default size.. and no stats are overlapping with the player names.

WildBobAA
08-07-2010, 10:13 PM
@Bob hud options--> site options--> turn on OCR again-->
and make sure the tables are using the default size.. and no stats are overlapping with the player names.

Didn't work :(. Additionally I noticed that this only happens at certain seats at the table. I had a player in seat 2 at a full ring table with g's in his name that the stats were displaying for fine, but at the same table, there was a player in seat 4 where the program was reading the g's in the players name as o's.

C-Rex
08-07-2010, 10:41 PM
@Rex update to run a Windowd update--> install the .net framework non-critical updates
I'm not sure what this means?

If I update to the Internal HEM version, will that require me to create a new DB? I'm been building up a really nice DB and I'm not excited about having to create a new one.

If you're sure I need to create a new one, then what is the best way to bring all the hands over please? Should I export them all, create new DB, and then reimport them all? This might put me out of the action for 24hrs or so...

Patvs
08-07-2010, 10:42 PM
For RUSH update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate_1.11.04_Internal.exe

There are TWO ways for the HUD to appear:
-1 screen scape (where HoldemManager reads the player cache) and there are three different methods for this---> which we're trying to improve with each HM update. Currently it doesn't work.. I'd say for 10% of ALL users.
PLUS SIDE of this method is: if it's works---> it detects the player names 100% accurate

-2 OCR which is optical character recognition (the old method) where HoldemManager takes screenshots every second of the table and attempts to "read" the player names.

--

If certain positions cause problems:

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref2txt, pospref4.txt.
(and the three "prefs" files)

Patvs
08-07-2010, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=C-Rex;167385]I'm not sure what this means?

Which Windows version do you have?
Manually run a "Windows Update" to see if there any .net framework updates. (these are NOT installed automatically)

The update to 1.11.04 doesn't require the creation of a new database.
However... do create one.. as a test.. you can always connect to your old database again. To see if that solves the problem.

(if it solves it.. and you want to reimport everything to the new database.. best method is reimporting the actual original handhistories.... fastest method is: using the file--> backup & restore utility)

WildBobAA
08-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Still didn't wory :(. Thanks for the help, I think I'm screwed.

C-Rex
08-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Checked Windows Update manually.

Found 2 noncritical .net updates and one generic XP update to install. Installing now...

This other .net update does not apply, am I right?
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows XP x86 (KB982670)
Download size: 28.9 MB , less than 1 minute
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile provides a subset of features from the .NET Framework 4. The Client Profile is designed to run client applications and to enable the fastest possible deployment for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Forms technology.

C-Rex
08-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Going to hit the tables for a while, it's peak hours.
I'll get back to this soon.

Thanks for your advice so far Pat. :)

WildBobAA
08-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I also get some weird error where the names of certain players show up in the hud as aaaaaaaaa-ru-waaaaaaar or something similar if that means anything.

WildBobAA
08-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Well I figured it out thanks to Fozzy on 2p2. It was my table mod. I reinstalled the default player pods and everything works perfectly.