PDA

View Full Version : C:\hmarchive Folder

johncc
08-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Quite correctly there are 7 folders for each day of the month. however; 5 of them aqre empty, which is strange as i play 7 days a week

Any ideas please?

The reason i ask is i delete Ongame HH on a regular basis to ensure import works properly, so dont have another back up

netsrak
08-07-2010, 07:33 AM
The archiving for ongame is not reliable as the ongame client writes all hands into one file and locks this file while running.
So the HM archive function can only move the file when the ongame client is not running.

johncc
08-07-2010, 08:50 AM
The archiving for ongame is not reliable as the ongame client writes all hands into one file and locks this file while running.
So the HM archive function can only move the file when the ongame client is not running.

So how do i resolve this issue?

As what you suggest means if i close the client it will then move the files to C:\HMarchive, which it doesnt.

If i back up HEM will it keep all my HH, by that i mean is the HH held in a file within HEM? With over 2m hands i wouldnt like to lose them

netsrak
08-07-2010, 11:09 AM
The hands are saved in the postgresql database. You should do regular backups of this database via pgadminIII.

But you should save the original handhistory files as a 2nd level backup too.

The auto-import archives the file 15 min after the last access. This means you should let the auto-import work at least 15 minutes after closing the ongame client or you should start it before starting the ongame client for the next session.