PDA

View Full Version : Installed Windows Service Pack... HUD not working

mstrbball
08-06-2010, 01:51 PM
I recently had Windows Service Pack 1 installed and now holdem manager is not working. Nothing is recording and my Hud is not popping up. I also noticed that my StarsHotKey program isn't working as well, so I'm assuming I just need to adjust something. Any ideas?

mstrbball
08-06-2010, 07:13 PM
anything?

netsrak
08-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Is this Windows 7?
I think here is only a beta of this available - is this what you installed?

Is the table manager (hmhud.exe) not starting or what is happening?

What type of game are you playing?
Which HM version?

mstrbball
08-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm in Vista. its a 2.5 year old computer. Holdem manager is version 1.10.01

mstrbball
08-07-2010, 09:31 AM
o and the hud window opens up itself but stats are never displayed... and nothing is recorded if I go to sessions for the day

netsrak
08-07-2010, 11:10 AM
You need Vista Service Pack 2 and all Windows updates installed.

* Please try updating to the latest version 1.11.03 from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

mstrbball
08-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I did all that stuff and it didn't work although dbcontrolpanel.exe to run that as administrator... but after all that i looked into my pokerstars hand history files under my handle I didn't see any files. Does holdem manager move the files somewhere else?

mstrbball
08-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I did a little test and the hands are definitely being saved and then moved by holdem manager... just not able to see my results or stats up on the HUD.

Patvs
08-07-2010, 10:14 PM
All HH files are moved the the archive folder. Default: C:/HMArchive

netsrak
08-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Please answer and post the questions and the file config\holdemmanager.config from the FAQ link i posted above.

mstrbball
08-08-2010, 10:48 AM
1. Using 1.11.03

2. I'm on Pokerstars, I don't know if it occurs on more than one site.

3. Playing both NL and PLO cash games. Heads up and 6 max

4. Yes clicked start Auto Import

5. Checked last night and the hands are definitely being imported

6. Yes they are in the correct folder that they're supposed to be Auto-Imported from

7. I run a report and no stats are being showed under my handle, but I can see my old hands/stats from before installing the service packs.

8. I'm trying to create a new test database but I'm having trouble. I follow the steps and create the database but after creating it I click on start holdem manager I get an error and it says

"Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

It then takes me back to the DBcontrol panel. I clicked connect and get that error again along with a slew of long text. Says something like

"System.10.10 Exception:Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ----> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was foricbly closted by the remote host" and then theres a bunch of text with stuff that starts with "at system." or "at npgsql".

10. The files are in english when I open them

mstrbball
08-08-2010, 10:52 AM
After creating that test database, even though I got the errors my HUD is now working and my results/stats are being shown in my report. Does this mean that my original database was corrupted and I should be ok now? Could the update have corrupted the database?

Patvs
08-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Unlikely the update corrupted the database...
But just move all your hands to the new database.