PDA

View Full Version : HMImport.exe - corrupt file

daww_18
08-06-2010, 10:14 AM
The file or directory c:/smft is corrupt and unreadable.
please run chkdsk utility.

Keep getting this warning pop up every few seconds, anyone any ideas?

_Loki_
08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
###
Do you mean file c:\$MFT corrupt ? This is the Windows Master File Table

Your thread title says "HMImport.exe - corrupt file" ~ Are you saying that HMImport.exe is mentioned in the error message or are you just assuming it involves HMImport.exe ? I ask because the HMImport.exe should not be in the MFT so I am suspicious of your message :)

Did you run CHKDSK ?

###

daww_18
08-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes it does say HMImoprt.exe - corrupt file this is the heading for the warning and unerneath its says..

The file or directory C:$mft is corrupt and unreadable
Please run the chskdsk utility

I dont even know what the chskdsk utility even is, my hud is not working either.

_Loki_
08-06-2010, 04:49 PM
###
CHKDSK is a standard windows utility that checks (& fixes if asked) errors on your HDD
It is not user-friendly, but this FREE utility is
>> CheckDrive - Scan your hard drives for errors and fix them immediately. CheckDrive is a free chkdsk, DriveCheck and ScanDisk replacement for Windows. (http://www.abelssoft.com/checkdrive.php)

Download & install it

CheckDrive offers you an easy way of checking your PCs hard drives for errors. Those errors can be fixed immediately if you like
It will offer you the option to scan & fix at bootup (in safe mode)

Take that option
read the product info on using it !!

This probably will not get your HUD working & you may have to reinstall HM afterwards

In your position I would back up important stuff before running CHKDSK or this utility

###

daww_18
08-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I deleted all my hand histories locally and it seems to be working fine now..why i dunno :)

thanks for the help anyway