PDA

View Full Version : HM1 recently updated, but fails every time i try and open it...

Gorilla
11-02-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm an American, who just got established overseas and back to playing on PS. I'm a paid owner of HM1. I hadn't updated my HM1 in quite some time. Yesterday I did the most recent 1.12.10b update for HM1. After it was finished, HM1 said it was re-structuring my database. When it was completed, and it 'opened' it immediately 'blinked' off and shut down. I have gone through this process now 4 times and the same thing every time.. So, essentially i can't get my HM1 t stay open. Also every time I double click the icon on my desktop, it goes through the long process of re-structuring my database...

I like HM1, I have a very simple HUD/approach and have no interest in getting HM2. Please help, I'd like to get my HM1 going again?

Thanks

udbrky
11-02-2012, 04:51 AM
Is the structuring finishing? Does it stop?

1) Please close HM

2) Please open PGAdminIII

It is in the Start -> Postgres folder.

3) Enter your postgres password. The default password is typically postgrespass.

4) Open the databases.

5) Highlight your database.

6) Right click, click maintenance.

7) Run the vacuum and analyze and reindex functions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

Please try again.

Gorilla
11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Is the structuring finishing? Does it stop?

1) Please close HM

2) Please open PGAdminIII

It is in the Start -> Postgres folder.

3) Enter your postgres password. The default password is typically postgrespass.

4) Open the databases.

5) Highlight your database.

6) Right click, click maintenance.

7) Run the vacuum and analyze and reindex functions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

Please try again.

Ok, I just did a 'start' search of 'Postgres folder' and nothing came up as 'PGAdminIII'. I can't find this anywhere?

Seems like the 'structuring' finishes but I'm not 100%. It takes a very long time, then another note comes up, may be about an error, then HM1 opens, then shuts off/closes immediately.

Patvs
11-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Run dbcontrolpanel.exe from the Program Files(x86)/RVG Software/HoldemManager folder.

Database Management--> Connect--> Create aNew Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager
Then reimport your hands into the new database, assuming you can open and run HM1 with the new database, and it doesn't shuts off/closes anymore.

Gorilla
Ok, found the 'PGAdminIII', but now I'm stuck at the password part. I can't find the 'pg_hba' file?

Patvs
Default password is: postgrespass

Gorilla
11-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Ok, now I'm pretty sure it is not completing the re-structuring? a message comes up that says there was a 'time out' and gives some instructions I don't understand about extending structuring time?

Gorilla
11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
ok, I created new DB and HM1 opens/stays opens. But now I can't get any hands? I try importing but nothing shows up? How do I get my hands back?

Gorilla
11-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Ya! Finally got it all running! Thanks for the help!