PDA

View Full Version : Players tab - pull up hands against players?

Polar_Bears
08-05-2010, 05:12 PM
When I am in this view:
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/playersview.jpg

How do I pull up the hands I played against each individual through this view?

_Loki_
08-05-2010, 05:43 PM
###
As a cash player without 'observed' hands
right-click 'select this player' > sessions > choose a session > replay or whatever from bottom window (from villains perspective)

###

Polar_Bears
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
###
As a cash player without 'observed' hands
right-click 'select player' > sessions > choose a session > replay or whatever from bottom window (from villains perspective)

###

Hey Michael...thanks, but this makes no sense. First, it's not cash games, so I don't know what "as a cash player without observed hands...." means. From the view I posted, this is what I get when I right click on a name:
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/popupmenu.jpg

Polar_Bears
08-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I just figured out what you were telling me to do...but your giving cash game advice...my post shows "tourneys".

_Loki_
08-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I know that hence "As a cash player..."
So what happens when you "select this player" in tourneys ?

Polar_Bears
08-05-2010, 06:19 PM
I have absolutely no idea what your saying, and I will wait for support to answer my question thanks.

_Loki_
08-05-2010, 06:38 PM
###
I am asking you a simple question:

In the view you posted...

If you click on a player
right-click
left-click "select this player"

Then the 'focus' of HM changes to the that player
He becomes the hero
This means if you haven't been buying observed hands you will now see only the hands in which both you & he have played

That is what happens for me as a cash player
My question is - if you try the same in your tourney situation what do you get ?

###

Polar_Bears
08-06-2010, 04:37 PM
###
I am asking you a simple question:

In the view you posted...

If you click on a player
right-click
left-click "select this player"

Then the 'focus' of HM changes to the that player
He becomes the hero
This means if you haven't been buying observed hands you will now see only the hands in which both you & he have played

That is what happens for me as a cash player
My question is - if you try the same in your tourney situation what do you get ?

###

LOL..."simple"....that's funny. I think your perception of "simple" is quite different from mine when it comes to HEM. Anyway...I am not sure still what you are asking me.

Are you asking me what happens when I right click this player to select him, then go under "CASH GAMES" "SESSIONS" tab??

Because from what I understand, you are asking me if I select tournament players, and then go under CASH and then sessions if I am seeing anything. This is the part that I said "simple" to you, but seems foreign to me. Why would tournament players show up under cash sessions.

So if that is what you were looking for, then the answer is "nothing" happens when I do this. There is no player data, just nothing:
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/Playersessions.jpg

a.k.a.Also
08-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Try this.

Select hands, next one up in your original screenshot.
Select filter>Edit and use vs player in the bottom left hand corner of the Main filters - select villain.

In the window that results, click on the winner column. This will group all the hands you were both at the same table. Hands where the villain was winner, where you lost chips to this villain, will be highlighted pink.

To see where you won hands against villain, you need to change to the villains view (select this player in your second shot).
Use vs your name in the filter.
Sort the winner column and this time hands where you are the winner, highlighted pink, are where you took chips from the villain.

Polar_Bears
08-06-2010, 07:38 PM
OK...we are cool guys. I wanted to know if it was just as easy to pull up hands against players like it is in PT:

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/Polar_Bears/vsplayers_hands-1.jpg

The answer to my question that I was looking for is "no" it can't be done as easily in PT. I have been studying the two applications in depth the past week, and going over every aspect of why the two are different, which is better for what. I actually have a list of stuff that I made from crawling over both these applications. Oh, I am doing this from a "tournament" player perspective only.

I have become an expert in all areas tournament related on both applications except for one area, which is reporting. Now I have to educate myself enough to become an expert in this area as well, but I am starting from the ground up :)

Thanks for taking the time out to respond guys. I am sure there will be more coming :)

a.k.a.Also
08-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Unpossible for me to comment re PT since I haven't used it for several years ;)

Good luck with your research and since I don't play cash either, it will be interesting to hear your findings.

_Loki_
08-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I didn't mean for you under the 'sessions' tab
If you change focus to your villain what happens in the tourney tabs ?

The Minder
08-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Bear,

You're trying to compare apples and oranges. The 'Players' tab in HM is a high level overview of your competitors, both cash and tourney. It provides info such as averaged VPIP/PFR etc. You can't get down to the 'hand' level. The PT3 report you're trying to compare this to is at a different level primarily because PT3 is structured differently.

I'll leave it at that.