PDA

View Full Version : Sit-n-Go Opener - Detecting wrong # of tables

McRoNiX
08-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey
I'm just using the trial version of TableNinja and I think I will be investing. However today I had the following problem.

I was using the SNG opener to open 24 tables of the same stakes and keep 24 open for 180minutes.
All was fine until about 150mins in or so when the "current number" of tables open and the "currently registered" stats were higher than they actually were. Obviously this leads to the problem where not enough tables are getting opened and this problem was still present at the end of the session. The picture provided below shows the SNG opener tab AFTER the session has ended (i.e. No tables open)
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7295/tableninjaprob.jpg

When I click the "reset" button on this page, the problem still remains. Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Fool
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Usually this happens when you have an incorrectly set "PokerStars Hand History folder" on the "Setup" tab. Do you have spaces or non-letter characters in your screen name? If so our auto-detection will fail. Please check the box marked "Override user folder (Advanced)" and navigate to your HH folder manually. Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem.

McRoNiX
08-05-2010, 09:24 PM
I changed what you said but the same problem remains. This time it happened with higher numbers too (longer session)

Could it have something to do with TN occasionally not closing the tables? I close them manually when this happens.
Thanks again.

Fool
08-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Sorry for the delay. Try increasing your scroll wait time in the advanced settings. If this doesn't help please PM me your skype or other messenger contact info. I'll setup a short teamviewer session as soon as possible.

McRoNiX
08-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Increased scroll wait to 4.0. Seemed OK last night but playing right now and the "current number" doesn't decrease when I bust from a tourney, even though the "currently registered" does.
Skype ID PM'd

Fool
08-09-2010, 01:04 PM
This can also happen if the table closes before FT actually closes the game. Also please try increasing the delay before the auto tournament closer kicks-in. Are you on a wireless internet connection?

McRoNiX
08-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Yes wireless internet.

I had set my Auto close feature to 0 seconds, so I've put this to 3secs and will try again.
Thanks for all the feedback thus far, much appreciated!

McRoNiX
08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Your last comment seems to have sorted the problem.
Thanks for your help, will definitely be buying!

Fool
08-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Glad to hear it! ;) ... Let me know if you have trouble with any other features.

SineMajkino
08-28-2010, 07:45 PM
This can also happen if the table closes before FT actually closes the game. Also please try increasing the delay before the auto tournament closer kicks-in. Are you on a wireless internet connection?

I have the same problem. Where can I find this option?

edit: I apologize, I have a different problem. Not always, but sometimes the wrong # of my opponent's hands is displayed in SnGs. For instance, we played 80 hands in a SnG but the HUD shows only 6 hands for all my opponents but the wright number on my stats.

Fool
08-29-2010, 12:18 PM
This is likely a HM setting. Please check HM>HUD Options>Additional HUD filters. These settings allow you to filter HUD stats based on the number of players at the table. Setting each filter to 2-10 will show all stats at all times though this isn't an optimal configuration. Let me know if this doesn't seem to explain whats happening.

Fritters
09-23-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm having a problem that may be similar - I play 45 man SNG's and register for $3.25 through $27 with 1 filter registering for 4 each trigger. I sort in stars by the buy-in with the highest buy-in at the top, so higher buy-ins get priority when I register.

For some reason when I'm already registered in the top few tournaments ($27 and $12 in this case), TN won't try to register me in the bottom ones ($6.50 & $3.25) - but only when I'm close to my max number of tables (say I'm registered in 18 and my max is 20). When I start my session it registers for all 4 fine and doesn't seem to have a problem with being registered in some tournaments in the list but not others. However, when I get close to my max tables it stops registering for anything below the top few. This results in registration effectively stopping at 18/19 tables instead of 20 (though registration continues to trigger) until the top tournaments are open for registration again.

Never had a problem with this in the past - any advice?

Fool
09-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Try increasing your scroll wait time in the advanced settings. This can also happen if the game is closed before the HH is finished being written. Are you on wifi? Try increasing the delay before TableNinja closes finished games.

Fritters
09-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Scroll wait time is set to 2.0 - I upped it to 3.0 and will report back. Not on wifi and I don't think it's a closing problem as the tables are closing properly and to total number registered is correct. Should I be using enable sorting?

Fool
09-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorting will not help this and will cause the Sensei to register for tables in a different order than they are now. Is the Sensei keeping your full load of tables open? If your only able to keep 18/19 open its seems likely they are being closed early.

Fritters
09-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Time changes didn't help - it basically looks like the program is doing this:

I'm registered for 18 and my max is 20 with a total of 4 per cycle. Here TN will only try to register for 2 tournaments and if I happen to already be registered in them it doesn't continue to try to register in tournaments 3 and 4. So I stay at 18 until the top 2 are available again.

Fool
09-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Have you tried seperating the games into different filters? TableNinja doesn't know what any of the games are and will not try to register you for one type and not another. Also try flipping the order the tables are displayed in the Stars lobby and see if the problem remains in reverse.

Fritters
09-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Different filters will work fine, I just won't be able to set it up in a way that prioritizes as well as TN used to using this setup. Did something change with how SNGSensei handles registration in the last few releases? I've been using TN for over a year and this is the first time I've had this problem.

And flipping will work fine because I sort by buy-in, so the top few tourneys have the shortest registration time scale, so they will pretty much always be vacant (although, if I bust a few really quickly right around registration the problem still exists).

Basically, TN is only trying to register for Min(max per cycle, Registered-Max Tables)

Fritters
09-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Also wanted to add that this problem shows up before any tournaments need to be closed (don't think I made that clear earlier). It's really weird that this problem just randomly showed up a few days ago after working fine for the last year+. Was there a stars update on Thursday that I'm not remembering?

Fool
09-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Unless I'm forgetting something the Sensei hasn't actually changed since its release. Its been one of the most reliable features. PokerStars has changed some of the internal workings of thier lobby and we've adjusted to compensate but the core is unchanged. I'm not sure what you mean by "Min(max per cycle, Registered-Max Tables)". Please post a screenshot of your Sensei page so I can get a look at what your seeing.

Fritters
09-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Has to be something weird on my end then. The min statement basically means this: when TN goes to register it seems to only try to register for the smaller of the number "Max per cycle" and "keep xx tournaments open"-"Currently Registered". So in my examples, max per cycle is 4 and xx is 20. So early on say I'm only in 10 SNG's, then TN will try to register for Min(4,10)=4 SNG's, just as we'd expect it to. But once I get late in the session, say 17 SNG's registered, then TN will try to register for Min(4,3)=3. In principle this is fine, except when I'm already registered in one of the top 3 SNG's in the list (which is most of my session as the higher buy-in games don't fill quickly). I'll post some screenshots and play around with different options to see if I can learn anything else. Thanks for hanging in there with me - TN support is exceptional, imo!

Fritters
09-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Here's an image of my SNGSensei and the results of my filter:

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/yeah_fritters/TN.png

Fritters
09-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Played around with my comp (HEM HUD, performance settings, etc...) without any luck. I also reviewed some of my previous sessions, and I can only say with confidence that this wasn't happening in August (I've been playing 180's most of September and rarely hit my max number of tables). I came up with a test to show you what exactly I'm talking about to see if it happens on your (or anyone else's) TN.

1.) Setup a filter for non-turbo 180's (there should be 3 levels as depicted below and they hardly ever run). Sort the list by buy-in (highest at the top). Set 'Max per cycle' to 3 and set "Keep 2 tournaments open". Press start - TN should register for the top 2 buy-in levels.

2.) Press stop. Change to "Keep 3 tournaments open" (Do not manually unregister the tournaments from step 1). Press start. Previously, TN would end up registering for the lowest buy-in (after checking the top 2) and "Currently Registered" would go to 3. However, I'm currently not getting registered for the lowest buy-in (and it looks like it's only checking the top one) and "Currently Registered" is 2.

3.) REMEMBER TO UNREGISTER!!!

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/yeah_fritters/TN-test.png

Fritters
09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
^ to confirm if this is just a problem with my computer so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Fool
09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Have you tried increasing the "max per cycle"? This only refrences the max number that will be registered for in one sweep and has nothing to do with the number of games allowed to be open. I haven't had time to test these games as they are roughly 5 hours to completion in my experience and will be close to 50 bucks. This is definately a machine specific problem however.

Fritters
09-30-2010, 06:49 PM
You don't have to actually play the games to see the problem - I chose them because they take so long to fill that you can unregister before they go off. Just make sure the $4.40 isn't very close to filing before starting the test I outlined above. I'll up my max per cycle on my next session.

Fool
10-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm not sure why it took me so long to notice this. If you check the box marked enable sorting optimization it should resolve the problem as it will reorder the lobby for each attempt.

Fritters
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks - I'll try that for my next session. I also just realized that my gfx card started to fail right around the time I noticed the problem (I've been running onboard gfx ever since) - so that could be the issue since it seems to be just me. My replacement card is coming sometime this week, so I'll report back if that ends up being the problem.

Fritters
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Sorting Optimization works well - ty!