PDA

View Full Version : "There were errors during activation"

GypseeQueen
08-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi,

I've been a licensed user of HEM for months now (great program, love it!). I recently got a nasty virus and had to get rid of it. Now it says my software is unregistered. I uninstalled the anti-virus software. I tried going down the paths of allowing HEM and postgresql through my firewall and windows defender, through the steps on your website, to no avail. It won't connect to the internet, and my connection is working fine. When I look at the details, it says stuff like:

"no license found," "Could not validate license," and "could not activate license at server."

What do I do now?

GypseeQueen
08-04-2010, 10:09 PM
So I don't know if this helps, but my computer won't connect to iTunes, windows media, or anything that involves using the internet from a program. I gather that this is the root of the problem and solving it will solve everything.

I've already gone in and made sure my firewall was allowing these programs, disabled my firewall completely, uninstalled all antivirus programs, rebooted and reinstalled several times, to no avail. What's next?

GypseeQueen
08-04-2010, 10:27 PM
ok, breakthrough... I unclicked the "use proxy server" LAN setting in Internet Explorer. Now windows media is connecting properly, and I'm getting a new step when I load HEM: Failed to establish a connection to ‘127.0.0.1’

Patvs
08-04-2010, 11:48 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely