PDA

View Full Version : How to replace notes?

azzzbazz
08-04-2010, 04:54 AM
Hi!
When trying to update notes file from exported notes, a pop up ''3372 notes added'' comes. If i try to import from this file again, it says ''0 notes added''. But if I close HM and open it next time, and try to import again this file it says again that 3372 notes added. But no notes are added actually. I am 100% sure. I've checked the exported file with notepad and it has notes for palyer 'palyer123'' but in my HM his notes remain completely blank.

I can't find where notes are stored in HM..?Is there a way to replace notes file in HM with my exported notes file? Or to delete all notes and then reinstall from exported file? Because importing for whatever reason is not working for me this time. What else can you recommend?

Thank you very much.

netsrak
08-04-2010, 06:15 AM
The notes are saved in the database. There is no easy way to delete them (you need a SQL statement doing this).

Usually when you import notes and HM already has notes for the player it compares them and updates them only if there are differences.

Where does the notes export file come from? Is it in the correct format?

azzzbazz
08-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Absolutely, its an exported file from my HM on this comp, I made it several days earlier.
The fact is: a portion of my notes has gone (players have simply empty notes, with anly an icon saved) and importing changes nothing, they still remain clear.
hoping for help:(

netsrak
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Did you edit the file?

Please try the following: create a new database and import hands for some of the players you have notes from.
After this import the notes - does it work?