PDA

View Full Version : Number of players in stts

buffybegood
08-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Probably sounds a bit silly, but is there a way for the HUD to display the number of players at the table? I can't seem to find a way of doing it, but I've just watched an oldish vid of a guy multi-tabling stts and, bizarre as it might sound, it struck me as really useful. He had number of players left as a great big stat (much bigger font) in the middle of the table so it was instantly clear whether it was on the bubble. I know you can tell by looking (how many players are left I mean), but it was instantly obvious and I think this would be a useful stat when multi-tabling stts.

So, is it possible and I just can't work out how, or is it something that would be considered for future updates?

The Minder
08-04-2010, 01:53 AM
First, I'm pretty sure that none of the poker tracking software suites does this. The cash game players would scream that such a stat is 'results oriented'. I think other tourney players would make the same assessment.

Second, this could not be implemented for anything other than single table STTs as the software doesn't know how many players are in an MTT until after the event. Therefore, knowing where the bubble is, even if multi-tabling, doesn't appear to be too difficult in an STT.

buffybegood
08-04-2010, 02:01 AM
First, I'm pretty sure that none of the poker tracking software suites does this. The cash game players would scream that such a stat is 'results oriented'. I think other tourney players would make the same assessment.

Second, this could not be implemented for anything other than single table STTs as the software doesn't know how many players are in an MTT until after the event. Therefore, knowing where the bubble is, even if multi-tabling, doesn't appear to be too difficult.

I'm not quite sure why you think this would be "Results orientated" as it is providing information (admittedly information that, taking a few moments longer, is available to the naked eye) used to make decisions, not to see what happened as a result of your decision. Bubble play is a distinct part of stts, so anything that helps is surely worthy of consideration.

As I say, I saw it in a video I just watched, so it definitely is out there somewhere (I think it might even have been PT:( ).

_Loki_
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
###
Post a frame from the vid please

###

buffybegood
08-04-2010, 10:30 PM
The 2 big stats are hero's BB and number of players left. I know you can tell by looking, but I think a stat like this would be very useful when multitabling.

The Minder
08-04-2010, 11:04 PM
I think this is an overlay, not intrinsic stats... could be wrong tho.

Why not ask the guy who made the video?

Edit: Also looks like one of Fozzy's FTP mods. The basepods are different.

_Loki_
08-04-2010, 11:44 PM
###
An easy way to check is play the vid & see if you can move the big numbers with right-click + drag of the mouse...

I did a quick google & turned up over 10 different HUD progs on the first two pages. Mostly awful tools with no depth. I found a DoN-specific prog just for PokerStars for example that does # players, but it lacks many features I would want - I don't think it throws a HUD for your opponents - just gives info about yourself & some table stats inc # of players. Don't think it 'remembers' opponent stats:
>> http://www.pokersoftware.com/articles/2009/10/don-indicator-hud-for-double-or-nothing-tournaments.html

I imagine there must be dozens of these progs with a limited scope & I guess if the 'developer' loses interest you're stuck with a lifetime licence on naff all

###

buffybegood
08-05-2010, 12:14 AM
###
An easy way to check is play the vid & see if you can move the big numbers with right-click + drag of the mouse...

###
????

Level?

How on earth would I be able to affect stats on a video?

_Loki_
08-05-2010, 12:28 AM
????

Level?

How on earth would I be able to affect stats on a video? It's just me being me
I left off the I'm-only-kidding smiley for dryness - so here's one now: :D

The Minder
08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
We normally keep Loki on a short leash and he's definitely not out after dark. I'm guessing he got out thru the dog door again... damn!

Anyway, back to your prob. If such a HUD exists I'm of a mind that it's no longer available. There is a suggestions area on this forum where you might like to pose this as new functionality... hey, we get requests for stats like 5_bet_on_lent_thursdays so your idea is not that silly. Just remember tho that HM is really only looking at hand histories and I doubt there's any data in there that can allude to a bubble position.

buffybegood
08-05-2010, 04:09 AM
We normally keep Loki on a short leash and he's definitely not out after dark. I'm guessing he got out thru the dog door again... damn!

:D :D :D

Wiith his screen name I shoulda guessed.

Just remember tho that HM is really only looking at hand histories and I doubt there's any data in there that can allude to a bubble position.

It's not specifically a bubble thing, just that's when the number of players most affects strategy. Realistically I would of though that it would be a relatively simple stat as, for instance, the last HH would obviously have the number of players sat as well as the value of the pot won, which is a "Table" stat that is available. See where I'm coming from?

The Minder
08-05-2010, 04:49 AM
... for instance, the last HH would obviously have the number of players sat as well as the value of the pot won, which is a "Table" stat that is available. See where I'm coming from?

Well, HM could count the number of players at the table and may or may not come up with the correct number. Besides, is this table the only table left?

Nope, you're just gonna have to keep an eye on the table.