PDA

View Full Version : My own thread on my PS 40-100bb tables

JPFisher55
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Since I have not received a substantive answer to my query in other threads, I thought that I would start my own thread on my Poker Stars issue with HEM HUD. Beginning on Sunday with the newest PS update, my HUD works on some tables, doesn't show on other tables and stops updating after 10-60 hands on other tables.

I play 6 tables of $.25/$.50 NL holdem at the 40-100bb full ring tables, either fast or normal speed. HEM will import all the hands, but the HUD usually fails to display on at least one of the tables and will stop updating on 1-2 other tables. The fast tables may be worse than the normal ones, but sometimes the HUD will not work on the normal speed tables.

I have tried full opacity and force to upfront with no improvement. My archive folder is in a completely different directory than my hand history folder. HEM 1.11.04Internal makes no difference. I am currently trying a reinstall of the HEM program, but I doubt it will help.

JPFisher55
08-03-2010, 04:57 PM
The uninstall and reinstall did not work. This seems to be a problem caused by PS' latest update. It is strange because all the hands import into HEM. But sometimes the HUD will not display the hands or anything and sometimes when it does, then it will stop updating. But for some tables it works.

Patvs
08-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Update your SQL.. and create a NEW database (options--> database management--> then reimport your hands.

Also read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

JPFisher55
08-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Well that didn't help. I upgraded to PostgresSQL 8.4.4. I had to uninstall my old one and reinstall. Thank you HEM for the backup and restore. Then, I created a new DB and imported all my exported hands and notes from the DB that I was using. However, not only did it not work. The HUD failed on the first table. Now, it is worse, the HEM will not recognize the hand history files from this table. So I am attaching them.

netsrak
08-04-2010, 06:53 AM
I had no problems importing this hands.

Please check your windows language settings. Currency and date time should be set to standard or english(usa).

If that doesn't help we should arrange a remote session:
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Moooohhhh
08-04-2010, 07:28 AM
nice service!! :)

JPFisher55
08-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Ok, I tried everything. At least, I can import those files now, but the original HUD problems are still present. So I emailed support to set up a teamviewer session.

JPFisher55
08-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Ok, I had a teamviewer session with Patvs2. He moved my hand history folder from to the poker star regular directory from the default directory that PS installs. He suggested that I try different windows themes and PS table themes. I have my own Windows desktop theme that I have used for a long time. I tried with Windows Classic theme with no improvement. None of the other PS table themes that I can stand work with Table Ninja. Also, I really like the No Images Theme.

The problem is that when I open six (6) tables of NL50, 40-100bb tables on PS, then either (1) one or more of them will not display the HUD stats or (2) if they all initially display the HUD stats, then after 30 or so hands some of the HUD stats stop updating at some of the tables. These problems only started on Sunday, August 1. Everything worked fine until that date. I have the upfront option under HUD table preferences checked and sometimes it helps and sometimes not. Can this problem be solved?

JPFisher55
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Poker Stars game program without any change. Then, I used the classic table theme, but that did not help because the last table failed to display any HUD.

It's hard to believe that no one else have had any problems like mine.

netsrak
08-06-2010, 04:10 AM
Please contact pat again for further help with forwarding/replying your original support mail.

JPFisher55
08-06-2010, 03:20 PM
I had a teamviewer session with Pat yesterday. Unfortunately, he had no real solution. I have tried his suggestions which were changing my Windows Vista desktop and changing the PS table theme. I, also, tried changing my performance parameters to make HEM faster. So far nothing has worked.

I am disappointed that no one on your staff can reproduce this bug because I believe it is a bug caused by last Sunday's PS' update. I am now trying some table themes that Table Ninja does not support to see if it makes any difference.

If you want to try and reproduce my problem. Open 6 tables of NL 60, 40-100bb FR, use the No Images table theme. Usually, one or more tables will fail to display the HUD, but sometimes they might. However, after 15 to as many as 50 hands, some of the tables will stop updating the HUD, but some work fine.

JPFisher55
08-06-2010, 06:05 PM
PS table images do not matter to my bug.

JPFisher55
08-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, I contacted Pat again. The only suggestion that he had was to uninstall and do a full reinstall. So I did. Instead of trying with my custom HUD configuration, I used the default. No change, about 1 out of 6 tables fails to display the HUD even with the force on top option checked.

netsrak
08-07-2010, 08:04 AM
I have no other suggestions then Pat. Are you still in contact with him? He might escalate this to the next support level if he can't solve it.

JPFisher55
08-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I have no other suggestions then Pat. Are you still in contact with him? He might escalate this to the next support level if he can't solve it.

I contacted Pat yesterday. He had no other suggestions except to uninstall and reinstall Windows Vista which I'm not able or going to do. I did an uninstall of HEM and full reinstall, but that did not work. FWIW, my PT 3 works fine with the current update of PS, but it is not nearly as good as HEM.

The only other thing that I am going to try today is not to use my custom layout on PS and just tile the tables. If that does not work, then I would appreciate being moved up to the next support level.

JPFisher55
08-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Tiling the tables did not help. Please move my bug up to the next support level.

JPFisher55
08-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I tried and uninstall and reinstall. Then, I tried 6 tables of NL25 FR using the default HUD profile. The sixth table failed to display after the first 5 tables worked.

I was wondering if completely removing HEM from my computer and then reinstalling would help, but I have no idea how to completely remove it from the registry.

Patvs
08-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Uninstall: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

JPFisher55
08-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Ok, tried uninstalling with that program, neat program, it seemed to get the leftover files, reinstalled from HoldemManagersetup. But still about 1 out of 5-6 tables fail to display the HUD despite all the hands being imported. The other tables work normally, but some stop updating. I can leave a bad table and eventually find one that works, but it usually takes 2-4 attempts with other tables.

Patvs
08-08-2010, 01:10 AM
1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref2txt and pospref4.txt and the prefs file.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (asterisk).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
7) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
8) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

---

Also perform EVERYTHING from
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

JPFisher55
08-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Ok, tried it all. Increased memories in Postgres.conf. Set performance to high and affinity to all CPU's. Still have the same problem. Please move my problem to next support level.

JPFisher55
08-11-2010, 04:32 PM
1.11.04 Internal C made my problem worse.

Patvs
08-11-2010, 06:58 PM
How did 1.11.04C made it worse??

Despite's Netsrak remark about support levels... in all honestly... there is no level 2 support.

Next step for you is Reinstall Windows...

JPFisher55
08-11-2010, 09:39 PM
How did 1.11.04C made it worse??

Despite's Netsrak remark about support levels... in all honestly... there is no level 2 support.

Next step for you is Reinstall Windows...

It seems that the percentage of tables that do not work is higher.

JPFisher55
08-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Ok, I am going to attempt a reinstall of Windows Vista Home Premium from the disk that came with the computer. I'm not going to try to uninstall Windows. From what I read on the Internet the installation disk should be able to reinstall without uninstalling.

JPFisher55
08-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Ok, I reinstalled Windows and everything else. The problem is worse. Now the HUD fails to display on almost all tables.

JPFisher55
08-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Installing Vista SP 2 did not help.

JPFisher55
08-13-2010, 02:29 PM
OK, I'm giving up. I played 6 tables of NL25 on Poker Stars 40-100bb, normal speed tables. I have tried everything recommended by Patvs2, including reinstalling Windows Vista. I have noticed that other posters are starting to report HUD problems with PS cash tables. I hope that you can fix this bug in the near future.

I have the config.HEM and log files (I enabled logging) for this session. I don't seem to be able to attach them, but I can email them if they will help.

JPFisher55
08-14-2010, 06:15 PM
FWIW, my HUD works on the six max, 40-100bb tables on PS. So why would it work on the 6 max tables and not the full ring tables?

netsrak
08-15-2010, 07:06 AM
JP, i forwarded all your service mails and problem posts to our support manager Fabio and he will contact you in the next days.
Thats what i meant with 2nd level...

JPFisher55
08-15-2010, 11:06 AM
JP, i forwarded all your service mails and problem posts to our support manager Fabio and he will contact you in the next days.
Thats what i meant with 2nd level...

Ok, I'll work with him to solve the full ring problem even though I'm currently playing at 6 max tables for which the HUD works. The 6 max tables are still 40-100bb, normal or fast speed, NL25 or 50. They work, but the same kind of tables except full ring often do not work. Strange.

JPFisher55
08-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Amazingly, the full ring tables are working for me now. So my problem seems to have disappeared. I don't know why? Maybe it was the last beta update or PS' last update.